A&P A few of my favorite pics throughout time

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Tikigod, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Heres a few of my personal favorite pictures that I've taken through the years. I'll do my best to summarize them so theres some context to the images.

start off with my real home, North Carolina, I currently live in Colorado but hope to someday return back to the east coast. Heres a few pics from Kure Beach, NC
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Onto some of the automotive photography I have been asked to do for a few people locally here. Probably my most favorite subjects to shoot.

[​IMG]
    one of the first shoots I did for a friend, was still learning my new camera at this time

[​IMG]
    probaby my favorite photoshoot by far, terrible conditions, low light, foggy, rainy, cloudy, but I love how the pics turned out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The most recent photoshoot, made quite a bit of posters of these to sell and they did suprisingly well, still suprises me that people have a picture I took hanging on their wall.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A few from around Boulder, Colorado where I attended undergrad school
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a few backpacking trips to Yellowstone with my old Olympus C-2100UZ a few years back
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

theres a lot of sentimental value in this picture, the old family business my granddad ran
    [​IMG]

I love this shot simply because of how close I was able to get to take it, and how you can see the heat rising from the car
    [​IMG]

I just love the colors in this photo, taken in Aruba with my C-2100 again
    [​IMG]

Thats about it for now - theres more but I dont want to have this post go on for too long. Thanks for looking and any comments, critques, suggestions, are always welcome

you can see all my photos here
    http://www.pbase.com/tikigodzx

2. k270

k270 Guest

Damn. Those pics are just awesome. The car pics are cool, but I really like the one of the bridge with lights on it reflecting on the water.

3. dmora

dmora Guest

You need a new/smaller logo. Its too obtrusive. But great pix otherwise. I love the Evo ones.

4. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Thanks, yeah most of the logos were put on real quick with little thought, Im in the process of going back in and redoing most of the photos cause I hate how the logo looks.

5. dmora

dmora Guest

Also in the future, take off the plates. Especially in the front.
    Blurring them out is just retarded and takes away from the picture.

6. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

Nice work Chris. I also love the car shots but my favorite is the shot of the Tetons near Yellowstone. Awsome shot!

Funny, you live in Colorado and want to return home to NC. I live in NC and would like to return home to Colorado some day.

7. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Haha, yeah definately, I'll trade you locations in a heartbeat. I'm just not a mountain person, love the beach tooo much.

I love the Teton shot, I wish I would've had a better camera at the time I took it, since it was taken with a 2.1mp Im sorta limited in what sizes I can print them. But I definately got lucky that day, right at dusk and a storm coming threw.

Thanks

8. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

You could just as easily photoshop the reg' out.

9. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

as for why the license plate it simply blurred - its by owner request not by personal choice I'd rather have taken it off before shooting but he prefered leaving it on. When I posted them online he requested that the plate be blurred.

10. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

what camera where these taken w/ again?

11. Zulu

Zulu New Member

Honestly those pics are so good I feel nauseous now.

Absolutely incredible work. Mind Blowing.

12. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

Most were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel --- some others (the last five) were taken with an Olympus C-2100UZ

13. Godspeed

Godspeed New Member

whoa, this pic hit me like a ton of bricks. I went on a vacation to florida with some friends and a girl i know (her parents own a condo on the beach). anyways, i didn't know her very well but she invited some friends and i to come along. we spent 4 days there and everyday, we'd walk to the beach using a walkway that looked exactly like that. as a matter of fact, everything is almost identical. the beach, the vegetation on the sides of the walkway, everything. I remember i was crazy about that girl and i'd always think about her while i was there. we'd talk while we walked to the beach and just seeing that picture reminds me of the time i spent there and how i felt. I don't really take vacations or breaks for that matter but in florida, i wasn't worried about anything. i didn't care about anything except for that girl. god, that felt so good to be in that state of mind.

14. KUfiredancer

KUfiredancer Rock Chalk Jayhawk

[​IMG]

parking lot at red rocks? nice pic by the way.