A few noob questions for a HU for iPod

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Madvillain, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Madvillain

Madvillain OT Supporter

1) How exactly does the iPod plug into a HU with an AUX input? What wire/cord do I need?

2) Do all HUs takes over complete control of the iPod? Are there any that let you use the iPod to control playback?

3) Between the Pioneer DEH-11E, Alpine IDAX 100, and Alpine IDAX 300, which would you recommend for basic iPod and radio control?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Get an HU with a USB port and you will be able to control your iPod through the HU or remote (if so equipped).

If you get one with just an AUX input, then a cord similar to a headphone cord with jacks on both ends will work. I don't believe you can control an iPod through the HU with just an AUX port.

3. popsnbeer

popsnbeer New Member

correct scottwax. i know there are some decks that have specific IPOD capability and use the ipod connection in order to connect to it. then you can use the ipod features through your decks interface.

i had a friend with this in his car and he just put his ipod in his glovebox and controlled it from his touchscreen.

4. unorthadox

unorthadox New Member

JVC KD-R800 has AUX and USB. I usually plug in my iPod Touch through USB to the HU and I can choose to control it from the remote for the HU, from the HU itself, or from the iPod. In addition it has Bluetooth meaning you could set it up through A2DP (I think that's what it's called) and you wouldn't have to worry about any wires at all!

5. ..::Heist::..

..::Heist::.. New Member

Alpine Full Speed FTW!