A&P A few new pics..

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Z., Nov 26, 2004.

1. Z.

Z. _____

So I upgraded to a 20D after my Rebel's mirror fell apart on me 3 times. Anyway, these are some of my first shots with the 20D. What do you think?

Thanks for lookin'.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ElDude

ElDude Hiya!

The second one is great. It's got a really nice feel to it. :)

3. Z.

Z. _____

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2004
  4. widebaudi

widebaudi New Member

nothing really special about these shots. congrats on the upgrade to the 20D though.

5. Z.

Z. _____

How about some suggestions on what could have made them better? Or is it just the subject matter?

6. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

I think its subject matter personally -- though I do like the first one -- has a weird dreary surreal look to it -- the other two just seem like snapshots to me.

Nice choice on the upgrade to a 20D -- I picked up a 10D myself (upgraded from the 300D) I tried out the 20D but couldnt justify the extra $800 it was gonna cost me to get it.

7. EE CUMMINGS

EE CUMMINGS aka RobHuang

how did your mirror break on the rebel? just wondering cause i ordered one today

8. Z.

Z. _____

Ok, that's kind of what I was thinking too.. they're pretty 'everyday' photos, but I was just excited to have a camera again I guess and thought I'd post a few. I'm really happy with the upgrade, though.. mainly because the body feels far superior to that of the Rebel, the startup time is fast and the fps makes it more functional for sporting (auto-x and such) events.

How are you liking your 10D so far? What made you upgrade?

Well, one night I dropped the camera very lightly on the ground and it knocked something loose on the inside so the camera wouldn't stay on.. sent it off to Canon, got it back.. started doing a continuous burst of photos at an auto-x event, boom.. mirror fell apart. Sent it off to Canon again, then went out for another burst attempt. Same thing. Sent it to Canon again, then sold it to a friend.

Thanks.

9. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

I love the 10D so far -- like it much better then the Rebel -- like you said the 10D and 20D are just built 1000x better then the rebel. Rebel is a great camera but after holding a 10D or 20D you realize how cheaply its built.

Decided to upgrade b/c I wanted something a little more solid then the rebel and was a tad faster (nothing to write home about) and I'd sold the rebel in about 5 minutes so I had to find something new, found a used 10D w/ less then 3k shots and in perfect shape -- took the plunge and for $100 + what i sold the rebel for I had a new camera

10. Z.

Z. _____

Right on. Most people I know didn't bother shelling out the money for the 10D when all they had to do was get a copy of the hacked firmware, but yep -- even the build quallity alone is worth the upgrade, IMO.

Sounds like you got a good deal.

11. Tikigod

Tikigod New Member

yeah I had the hacked firmware -- loved it -- but for the cost to upgrade I couldnt resist -- got a vertical grip + extra battery in the deal too.

12. Z.

Z. _____

:bigthumb:

13. dopEguy

dopEguy Let's gangbang this thing and go home. Good? OT Supporter

:cool: