a few more opinions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DLF, Jan 2, 2004.

1. DLF

DLF New Member

ok i picked up a new tv

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...vertical=ELEC&com.broadvision.session.new=Yes

and was thinking of getting the high def reciever for my direct tv but wanted some opinions on if it would be worth it or should i just go with th digital cable thru my local cable co.?

also i was looking at this reciever

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.asp?cat=REC&prod=AVR 230&sType=C

to run everything thru ( dvd player, ps2, and sat (if i keep it) ) and wanted to hook up everything with componet cables if i have enough hook ups for everything. not sure help here would be gratefull.

heres the dvd player

http://www.harmankardon.com/product_detail.asp?cat=DVD&prod=DVD 101&sType=C

and the speakers will more that likely be klipsh as i have heard good thinks about them and they sound good to me, had thought of cerwins but havent heard them so ........

for the sub i was going to go with adire rava ( i think thats right) or svs.... opinion here would be nice

i want this to be a nice system as i really like watching movies at home and listening to music and such and the wife loves to blast the stereo or a cd while shes cooking or cleaning. if yall can think of what would be better by all means tell me and anything about the hdtv reciever or the digi cable you can tell me .

im wanting to try to stay around 2,000.00 for the reaciever dvd and speakers combined so theat should give a general idea to you home audio gurus, also i dont care if i have to order it off the internet as thats where i found most of my best prices.

if i havent gave enough detail let me know.

and thanks in advance :wiggle: :wavey:

2. DLF

DLF New Member

also i was possibly thinking of picking up 2 of the subs but was unsure if i would need a amp to push 2 or should i just stick with one?

3. DLF

DLF New Member

anybody ?????

4. 04

04 Guest

If you can afford it in your 2000 dollar budget, I would go with 2 subwoofers.

I personally would spend less on the dvd player though, and probably get a lower end reciever too at that price point.

Klipsch speakers are great for home theater IMO. They can get pretty loud and don't need too much power to do so. But you need to demo them right next to other speakers before buying, because they have a somewhat "distinct" sound to them.

Both SVS and Adire make excellent subwoofers, either would be a good choice, but if you want high output for movies, IMO the Rava wouldnt be enough, you would want to step up to the Dharman or one of the entry level SVS subs.