A&P A few months back i landed a freelance gig

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by oliver, Nov 11, 2009.

1. oliver

oliver New Member

In a very very well known Studio located in NYC. I loved the idea of a new job to add to the ol' resume and was excited being that its a freelance gig that wont interfere much with my own personal work. When i started i heard that alot of photogs quit soon there after and i was dumbfounded and didn't know or couldn't fathom why. JESUS CHRIST I love photography but damn other photographers are ALL EGOTISTICAL SELF LOATHING LOSERS.

One guy telling me my Tamron 17-50 lens just isn't good enough because the canon 17-40 is better. Although i explained to him the 4.0 aperture is what pushed me away being that the Tamron 2.8 is faster and suited me better for my nightclub work.

Another one telling me that my Canon body isn't as good as his Fuji, then he tells me that Fuji is better than Nikon although i explained that all the parts inside his camera are infact made by Nikon.

A new hire comes in with a Canon Rebel XSI, fully capable of shooting what we hired him to shoot. The guy who handles the images at the end of the day tells him its a piece of shit camera and that he should sell it and buy a Fuji. :ugh2:

I'm so glad i make ends meet on my own without needing to mingle and work with other photograhers. Jesus christ!
    /rant :hs:

2. Bukka

Bukka Active Member

Fuji is clearly better.
    I made this post from my Fuji DSLR.

3. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

it's fun to argue over gear, but when it comes down to it picture > gear

lots of good photographers can take a crappy P&S and produce an insanely amazing picture

4. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

i am not one of those, because i cant even get a good pic from my dslr :(

5. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

My Kodak Starmite is better than Polaroid Swingers.

6. alexromo

alexromo New Member

7. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

8. oliver

oliver New Member

working alone is always best, photographers are TOO egotistical and think everything they prefer is what's best. :o