GUN A few editorials my friend sent me

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by farrelly, Oct 3, 2006.

1. farrelly

farrelly New Member

My Anti-gun friend sent me these editorials this morning. I guess the recent school shootings have led these folks to make it harder to get guns.

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

More gun laws because criminals always obtain guns legally

3. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

These views are so fucking stupid, it's not even funny anymore.

I can walk down the road from my office and purchase a handgun for $100. It would be illegal, and probably already have a body count on it, but it's that easy.

Because I am a law abiding citizen, and not a fucking retard, I would never do this. Instead I would drive to a local store, fill out paperwork, wait 3 days and then I will be able to pick up my handgun.

What makes these people think that making it harder for me to legally purchase a gun will prevent crime? If I wanted to commit a crime, I would go down the road and buy the illegal gun right away.

Banning guns for citizens will not stop criminals either. If a person is dumb enough to commit a crime, do you think he really gives a fuck that he is doing it with an illegal weapon?

Damn I hate liberal fucktards

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I'm not sure how anyone can rationally arrive at the conclusion that gun control laws would stop a murderer or that we could ever make guns disappear. All of canada's gun control laws didn't seem to matter. Further these shitty fucking excuses for human beings should be ashamed at using these tragedies just hours after they happen in an attempt to further their political causes.

5. farrelly

farrelly New Member

what do you guys expect from the nytimes?

6. Jacknasty

Jacknasty New Member

:bowdown:

7. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

They're not rational. They're afraid of something that they don't understand and they refuse to be responsible for their own well being. They'd rather have someone else tell them how to act. At least that way they'd know that EVERYONE would have to act the same way. Right? Wrong. These idiots just can't get it through their thick skulls that there are still people out there that don't give a rat's ass what the law says. The Canada shooter shot himself. The guy in Colorado shot himself. The guy at the Amish school shot himself. The kids at Columbine shot themselves. These are sick, demented people that just want to accomplish a goal and go out with a big bang. By making schools gun free zones they have a place to go and do just that. How are we supposed to stop someone from doing something if they fully intend to kill themselves in the process? How about we fight back?

8. Jinkle

Jinkle Habs/Vikings > *

Cars kill people too...ban them!

9. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I hope maybe with the current climate of congress and the massive increase of ccw, that most states will see this as a group of tradgedies that could have been avoided if ccw was allow in schools by lawful citizens. not that it would have helped an amish community, but in the example in colorado, the principal could have in his safe, a pistol or weapon, on which he recieves training to use in the event of such an emergency. maybe, i just hope they don't use the is for an AWB, but i'm sure they're already trying.

10. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

Gun laws and anti-gun folks run on too false assumptions.

1) All criminals obtain guns legally.

2) Making it a misdemeanor or even felonly with no real threat of jail time, to carry a gun in certian places which are most liekly to get shot up, will deter a criminal that is already decided on murder from carrying a gun into these places and following through. Maybe that arguement seems as bad to us as our if there were more guns this wouldn't have happened or there would have been a better deterent in place. Ours makes more sense to me, but who knows.

11. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

If you read betwwen the lines in this quote, you derive that: Where there are no guns, those that have them have an advantage.

And another fact is that all criminals will get guns no matter how illegal they are. So to dissuade those who will always have firepower, and will use it to harm others, you must in fact let the law abiding citizens own guns too.

Simple geometry. We used to do proofs where we wrote down if line A is parallel to line B and line B is parallel to line C, then line A is parallel to line C.