A&P a few car photos (noob warning)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by PoXiC, Feb 20, 2005.

1. PoXiC

PoXiC Don't ask where I got my name

I'm no pro. I took these with a cybershot. :hs:
    My buddy's WS6 and my mustang.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MelloBoy

MelloBoy New Member

they really don't do much for me, no offense

i'll comment on the 2nd picture and about the last one.
    the second one, the front part is out of focus or your hand shook or something...may want to use a tripod or use a smaller aperture. do you have exif data for the 2nd picture? (can be read with photoshop i think or a program like exifer or something)

the masking is usually very effective, imho, when you want the viewer to focus in on something small in the photo. for example, if you had a bouquet of roses and wanted the viewer to focus in on one particular rose, you would mask that one rose and B&W conversion the rest of the picture.

also, in your last shot (and this isn't really your fault) you have som sharpening artifacts/chromatic abberation along the edges of the car which makes it slightly less than palatable...almost seems like the cars were photoshopped into place (shot with no cars + you dragging and dropping in the cars from another file). it's typically difficult to make a good masking with objects which are smooth and reflect light from my past experiences. also, the window of the black car, i would have probably masked that window as well as you can see the background color through the front windshield.

3. lemans23

lemans23 PV - The Vision of Sound

um, the guy in front of u probably made no sense especially because 90% of his information was irrelevant. all i say is, keep working at it and you'll eventually figure it out. for the record though, car shots can be done by anyone, but to make a car photography, you need to use elements that correlate with the automobiles (background, panning, more unique angles). good stuff for the first time

4. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Active Member

his car > your car...

and i like the idea alot of the first picture w/ teh "no smoking" sign, if you could get your shadow out of it and the building behind wasnt so intrusive :dunno: