A few bike and car pics from today *DUW

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by 99SaleenSpeedster, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Whoa, that little black and silver bike is neato! 2-stroke? Nice Triumph also. :big grin:

...and is that blue thing really a police bike? What is it and how fast does it go?

...oh, and nice cage. :fawk:

2. Thanks for the compliment!

The black and silver bike and the mini-police bike are both Yamaha YSR's.

The black and silver bike was custom painted those colors and is a rare Japan spec 80 directly from Japan. It has Flush Mount Turn Signals, Billet Aluminum Top Clamp & Fork Brace, 20MM Mikuni Carb Kit w/ K&N, Carbon Tech Carbon Fiber Reeds, and TCR High Performace Clutch Kit.

The mini-police bike is the more common 50cc version and was done by my dad who has many police collectibles. It has Michigan State Police Blue Paint, MSP logos along with rear MSP Harley Light, License Plate Lights, Front Fairing Lights, & Custom Saddle Bags. He fabricated brackets so that everything can be removed and it can be turned back to stock at any point.

I also have a bone stock 50cc YSR with less than 500 miles.

The 50cc bikes go about 55 and the 80cc bike will do around 70 mph.

-Rick

3. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Those YSR 50s actually look pretty big in those pictures.

I remember when I was in HS a buddy of mine had a YSR 50 and it was so tiny...

Size perception must be owning me in those pics.

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

Whoa, so that's a YSR 50.

They stopped production of those back in what? '91? '92?

A GSX-R 750 riding buddy of mine was telling me about the one he had years ago, said he wishes he still had it so he could ride it into town sometime to surprise everybody on. :big grin: