A Few Basic Pickup Questions

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mr. Monopoly, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Mr. Monopoly

Mr. Monopoly OT Supporter

Hello all, I just purchased a used 91 Nissan Pickup for my college vehicle. Before I take it off to college, I have a few things I need to fix on it and was wondering if OT had any suggestions.

First, my air conditioner just doesn't seem to work right. The light will come on, and at night, the airs cold, but during the day, just hot air blows. Any clue as to what could be wrong?

Next, the fuse box on the drivers side has recently had all its fuses replaced. Unfortuately, all the fuses are of a higher voltage than what's on the diagram. Is there any particular reason for this, and should I change them to the recommended diagrams?

Finally, I have to replace the tailights and headlights on my truck. I looked on ebay and saw some nice looking Euro tail lights and headlights. How hard would it be to install them, and would I have to do any major modification?

Thanks for your help!

2. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

The A/C is probably low or out of refrigerant, you'd have to take it to a shop to have it checked.

The fuses voltage don't matter, just make sure the amperage is correct.

Taillights should be pretty simple, never worked on a Nissan, but everything else I've worked on used Torx screws to hold them in, and I assume Nissans are similiar.

3. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

I used to have a 93 hardbody myself. The tails and headlights are easy, it's a pretty straightforward vehicle.
    Is it a stick? If so I've got a neat trick for you. It works with both the 4cyl and the V6. I had a 4cyl, my friend had a 6. On my 4, I'd get the truck just rolling on it's own power in 1st gear, then start tapping the gas in regular succession. The truck will just lurch a few times but after a short while it will actually hop the front tires off the ground, I got probably 8" as my highest. If it's a V6, do it in 2nd gear.
    That truck will take a beating. As you can tell, I beat the living crap out of mine. I delivered pizza in it for two years. I jumped train tracks. I drove through creeks, up and down hills, made new trails, you name it. Hell, if I didn't abuse it now and again things would break. I had a taillight out for a week before I went offroading, and it came back on. Things like that happened all the time.
    That truck gave me faith in Nissan engineering :bigthumb: