A Feast for Crows pushed back until October now?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by cantankerously, May 9, 2005.

1. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

:wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

That's what Barnes & Noble told me.

2. Acesn8s

Acesn8s The Deadman's Hand

Martin is still writing the book. I don't think it will be out by October.
    Go to his website to check out the status of the book. He'll tell us when he's done writing it and give us an estimate on when it will be released. Don't trust anyone else.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

3. cantankerously

cantankerously Active Member

But i need my fix now. :wtc:

4. Acesn8s

Me too. I pre-ordered Feast of Crows on Amazon back in 2003, when they promised it would be out later that year. :squint:

I can wait for it though. :hs:

5. Splooge

Splooge Guest

6. Acesn8s

7. Splooge

Splooge Guest

Yeah, too bad it's only half the book :(

8. -Stryder-

-Stryder- Guest

What is the deal with this book? I've been waiting for it for what seems like forever now. What did he do,write it once, then scrap it and start over? Also how many more books are supposed to be in this series does anone know? I'mjust hoping he doesn't drag it out like Jordan has done to the wheel of time.

9. Acesn8s

Your guess is correct. He wasn't happy with the way the original manuscript read, so started over. Fro what I understand there was suppose to be like an 8 year gap between Storm of Swords and Feast of Crows. I believe he scrapped that idea and is picking up where Storm of Swords left off.

Originally there were supose to be 5 books. I bet we'll see 6, maybe even 7 if his manuscripts keep coming in at around 1700 pages. :eek4:

10. Arc

Arc New Member

Stryder did you finish WOT, if you did what did you think, I just got the 10 books finished one and i liked it alot but i dont know if i wanna read 10...lmk

11. Acesn8s

You'll be reading more than 10 if you want to finish the series. Jordan is still writing. :hs:

It's a great series, but it is starting to drag on too long.

12. -Stryder-

-Stryder- Guest

I'll be honet with you I haven't even finished it. I'll come back to it entually I'm sure I just got bored with it.

13. Splooge

Splooge Guest

Originally there was suppose to be three books. Then four when the first book became too large, then on and on until six. Paris, his significant other, says it will be at least seven. Six is very unlikely after the AFFC mess.

AFFC wasn't suppose to be, GRRM had planned a five-year gap after aSoS, and A Dance With Dragons was suppose to be the fourth book. However, GRRM found that there was a massive amount of flashbacks and info dumps taking place in A Dance With Dragons and decided to scrap it. The reason AFFC has taken so long is namely because GRRM is having a problem of reorganizing the story and such. Also, it's pretty fucking big.

AFFC was 1600+ manuscript pages long, 400,000 words total(aGoT was around 270?), I believe, and his North American publisher Bantra Spectra did not want to publish such a huge book whole. That's a lot of paper and ink for a single book. Think about the mass market paperbacks, too...

So, instead of cutting the book in half chronologically, GRRM decided to cut it in half by POVs. So this means no Eastern continent chapers(Maybe a few, like Arya..), no North chapters(Again, there might be a few. I think there are some Samwell and Davos chapters in there). It's mainly taking place in the South and Iron Isles.

Oh, and for those that have been following, there was suppose to be a "mystery" POV, probably Sandor. :big grin: He's a badass, so that should be a treat.

14. Acesn8s

What do you mean by mystery? As in we won't know (while reading) the chapter who the POV charater is? I know Martin is adding like 10 POV characters to the story.

15. Splooge

Splooge Guest

It just means that there's a new one and we don't know who it is yet.