SRS A different kind of Deployment

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by signal, Mar 3, 2007.

1. signal

signal New Member

I just turned 20 years old. I'm not in Iraq, but I'm still deployed from home. I've been here in Arizona working on the border for about 4 months now, with 4 months to go unless I extend. I'm a VOLUNTEER.

Everyday I wonder if it's worth the money to be away from everything I love and know, and the people who love me.

I broke down the other night. I try to control my emotions, but I realized the reality of where I'm at, away, alone, and trying to fit in.

I've never met so many new people in such a short time in my life, but it's not the same. None of these people love me. I'm trying to find love down here, a girl, I've met some, but no 'Mrs. right'

How do I cope?

2. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Well from someone who's ever grateful to our military, thanks for serving! I for one appreciate your sacrifices and I'm certain there are many others.

As far as coping...are you spiritual/religious? Have you found a church??? Perhaps that would provide a way to connect with people on a deeper level.

I'm sorry, I know that's not much of a suggestion but it's all I've got. Hang in there man.

3. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

They don't love you because you've only known them a short time. It takes time to develop new relationships with people. Do you have friends there that you hang out with or are these people just work acquaintences? Do you invite people to do things outside of work so that you can develop deeper relationships with them?

Sorry but you will not find "mrs right" when you are sad and desperately searching for someone. Love happens when you are having fun living your own life and not searching for someone. A girl is not going to fill the void in your life and suddenly make you happy. You've got to learn to have fun on your own before someone will want to be with you.

4. signal

signal New Member

National Guard

5. signal

signal New Member

I do a LOT of things with the people I've met. I have a lot of fun, but I'm still not happy at the end of the day. I feel like I need more than frivolous activities outside of work.

6. wack0

wack0 New Member

you dont live there so why do you want to fall in love with someone? that will only make it harder to leave in 4 months.