A couple issues after reinstalling XP

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quzur, Jan 15, 2007.

1. quzur

quzur Active Member

I went from an old version of XP sp1 to SP2 with all the latest updates. Now, when ever I awake the machine it takes me to the login screen (there is no password). Is there anyway to bypass this?

Also, in Office 2000 when I open Outlook it defaults to the Personal folder and not the inbox. I have installed this 3-4 times and never had this problem. Any ideas?

thanks

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I believe there is no way to bypass the login screen with Service Pack 2. That way, if you have multiple users with no passwords, you're guaranteed to get to choose which user to log in as, instead of getting thrown onto the desktop of the last user who logged in.

The thing with Outlook sounds like a setting (duh, but unfortunately I don't know which one. Account settings, maybe.) Anyway, you should go to http://officeupdate.microsoft.com and make sure you've got the latest updates for that seven-year-old Office suite of yours.

3. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

Remove all other accounts to bypass the selection screen. Otherwise, no.

Tools->Options->Other->Advanced Options->Startup in this folder (this is for Outlook 2003 however)