A couple issues after installing XP Pro

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by quzur, May 19, 2004.

1. quzur

quzur Active Member

I upgraded from XP Home to Pro...for the most part everything went fine.

But now I try to sign onto Yahoo games and it tells me I need to install Microsoft Java Virtual Machine...then a link takes me to this page
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/getosver/javaxp.asp
    which says "We're sorry, you cannot view this page because it requires the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (MSJVM). Your machine does not have the MSJVM installed. For more information please visit www.microsoft.com/java."
    (FUCKING MICROSOFT)

I go to that link and download
    Microsoft J# Browser Controls (JBC). Recompiles applets to run on the Microsoft .NET Framework.
    Java Language Conversion Assistant (JLCA). Converts Java applications to Microsoft Visual C#®.

but it wont let me install these programs. I also tried to install IM SP1 but it says its not apporoved for XP or something like that. WTF??

I also cannot install XP SP1 because of issues with my key code (what do you mean its not valid)

Any ideas on how I can get this resolved?

2. DAN513

DAN513 OT Supporter

It means that it knows your serial # starts with FCKGW and microsoft knows that is not a legit copy of xp and that you did not buy it.
    My advice would be to go back to a legal copy of xp home.

3. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

4. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

If the Sun Java doesn't work, its because whoever wrote the applet didn't use the standard Java. I have a copy of MS's Java if you need it.

5. Crazie

Crazie Guest

The reason that you are unable to install SP1 is cause you are more than likely using Pirated software. Way to tell on yourself Jr. :rofl: Anyways there is a fix for this. PM me I'll give you more information. :big grin:

6. rob

rob Guest

just use another cd key

7. Crazie

Crazie Guest

there is much more to it than just that my friend.