A couple bigger, more muscular guys at work...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by _Kanwisher!, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

suggested that if eating so many calories and such a day aren't working then to try drinking creatine, and it should jump start an appetite and definately some visible weight gain.

Another guy suggested that if I want to gain weight that alcohol calories may be of benefit, and to drink a beer every night before bed for a month.

Any comments on this?

2. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

Are you stupid or something? Common sense man, come on now. I bet my left nut you dont eat enough.

3. Equipped

Equipped Guest

alcohol calories?

4. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

:rofl: a steak and a plate of pasta will work better

5. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

alcohol is 7 calories per gram. a calorie is a measurement of heat energy. you dont think alcohol burns?

6. Equipped

Equipped Guest

I just don't understand how he would benefit opposed to other sources?

7. Z PYRATE

Z PYRATE Guest

Creatine enables you to work out longer by keeping your body in the phospho-creatine stage as you work out. This delays the buildup of lactic acid in your muscles, allowing you to work longer before the pain is too great to continue. Creatine can be found naturally in meat products as well, supplementation is NOT necessary. Creatine doesnt have any effect on appetite, however you may burn more calories because you worked out longer from using creatine...this may in turn make you eat more, but remember you still have to eat more than you burn overall to gain weight.

A beer every night is fine, alcohol in small amounts has proven to stimulate health, relaxation, etc. The carbs in 1 beer arent going to hurt you, they are just more calories to burn the next day.

Also remember alcohol is a diuretic, so you will lose body water when you drink it, so drink an extra cup of water when you have that beer, even though its not even an ounce of alcohol.

Lastly, the calories in alcohol arent burned for "exercise," which is why liquor bottles advertise no calories. But Alcohol is in fact a carbohydrate, and at 7 calories per gram, it is more dense than most carbs. Alcohol is digested differently than most food, so the energy is consumed for bodily functions, and body water is used to flush out the digested waste (remember alcohol evaporates, hence the need for water)

8. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

lc

9. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

Or you could just put a a handwritten note on your sun visor that says "DON'T BE A PUSSY", fucking man up, and eat more.

10. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

fixed

11. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

:rofl:

12. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

Most alcohol provides nothing but empty calories and little to no nutritional value. :dunno:

13. 1.8t

1.8t Member

Pasta, natty peanut butter, whole milk, steak, walnuts and nuts in general, there is PLENTY of bulking food out there.

14. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

From what I see, it sounds like he was already eating nuts...

15. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

Is there anybody at your work that's actually less muscular than you?

16. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

so why does about every site on the internet provide information on how Creatine is a weight gaining supplement?

How bout this, can someone give me a daily food eating schedule? I have weigh protein, I woke up at 5, can eat then, break at 8, break at 10, lunch at 12, get off at 2, rest of day off.

Maybe even a simple workout routine, seems like this forum gives such a general explanation that people like me don't know the first thing about putting the pieces together. I tried the noob thread months ago, maybe gained 10 pounds, lost 5 when I was sick. I have a bench press, 40lb dumbells, 25lb dumbells, 15lb dumbels, and plenty of weight for me to use on the bench, I want to get bigger, I'm not asking to be up in the 190's like you fellows, i'm a measely 150 pounds at 6 feet tall

17. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

190 will be pretty easy to attain for you if you follow our advice... I'm pretty sure most of our advice has basically been eat as much as you possibly can since you definitely aren't.

Search on the forum for "built me a base" or "bill starr" and follow that routine. It's nothing too complex. And if you have questions there are tons of threads about it already, so search.

Buy a cage and You'd be fine. Buy a gym membership and you'd be fine. Sneak into a gym and you'd be fine. Work out at a school gym by you and you'd be fine. Work out at a friends basement and you'd be fine. Break into a hotel to use their gym and you'd be fine. Use an apartment gym and you'd be fine. Basically, anything you do right now will give you gains as long as you eat and work hard.

18. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

I just want to be a cut 175-180

19. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

To be honest I'm just wondering what I'm missing out on, because I don't have any problems getting girls being a skinny guy, but then again, maybe I could be getting more :eek3: :eek4:

20. Fabian

Fabian Active Member

Drink Michelob Ultra. It's good for you, just like the commercials say :bateman:

21. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

Most of us don't lift for girls. Maybe at first it was the motivating factor but soon after that it was definitely not on my mind.

oh, and you beat my edit so go back and read it.

22. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

if one of you can't get a straight diet for weight gain, cheap and easy to cook foods (I often don't have time to cook), is there a sheet I can make a printout and copies to keep track of my calorie counts, protein counts, carps etc?

23. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

Easy to cook foods?

At the beginning of the week stick a whole 6lb bag of chicken breasts in several pans in the oven. Season each one however you want. Go do something for the 40minutes it takes to cook them up. Come back, put em in tupperware. Heck cook up some baked potatoes, mashed potatoes or rice at the same time (several days worth). Saves time to cook in mass quantity on your day off and then just grab the tupperware and go every day. Fish works the same way too...just don't do your steaks this way.

24. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

sounds like a good idea, now to spend more money :wtc:

25. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

And I know you guys are all right, I'm NOT eating enough, but I eat a fairly large meal, then do some work or get busy for a few hours and eat another one, not realizing that my day is already almost over. :wtc:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.