A&P A comment on slingshot bags

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by GregFarz78, May 29, 2007.

1. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Call it a mini review I guess...

I picked up a lowepro slingshot 200aw off a guy for a good price, he used it once. The build quality is nice plenty of room for a body, a few lens, and lots of accessories. I like the accessibility too just swing it around to access your camera w/o taking it off your back. My only problem with it is the single strap carrying it on my back for about 6-7 hours it starts to weigh on your shoulder and theres no way to switch the strap to the other shoulder. I wouldn't recommend this bag for all day excursions, it was fine for the first few hours so I'll probably keep it for short trips and look for something more comfortable for walking around all day :hs:

2. austincabot

austincabot New Member

I'm in the same boat. The auxiliary strap works pretty well tho. I rode around Amelia Island, FL on my bike for a whole afternoon with the bag without any problems. The extra strap does look goofy though.

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

I don't get the point of the auxiliary strap it doesn't really do much, maybe for riding a bike it would help so it doesn't fly off but it doesn't help balance the weight at all

4. ace3

ace3 mouthify my wang.

i bought the 100, and while i haven't really used it yet, it's a really well-made bag. lots of storage space, IMO, even for the 100.

5. Redliner7

Redliner7 New Member

Mine ripped to pieces. The zipper for the top compartment, not the main camera compartment came apart. I'm not a fan of this bag, after that happend. Otherwise, loved it.

6. il_duce

il_duce OT Supporter

I've got the 200 and agree about it getting heavy after a while, especially loaded up with a camera, extra batteries, and 2 or 3 lenses. I love everything else about it though. It's a very well thought out bag.
    How do you all have the velcro foam dividers arranged? I wish I didn't have to undo the clips and unzip the whole thing every time I change lenses, but rearranging the dividers to make them accessible from the sling position doesn't seem like it would hold them safely.

7. 1992 240SX

1992 240SX New Member

It has plenty of room (for the amount of stuff that I own right now) but it does weigh you down some. When I had my film body, the D70 and a few lenses in there my shoulder would start feeling it pretty quickly, it's dislocated so that doesn't help either. Good bag overall, though.

8. austincabot

austincabot New Member

I have mine like this:

[​IMG]

Everything fits snug as long as you adjust the velcro pieces to fit them as such.