a classic revived.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by zmiller91, Mar 4, 2008.

1. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

2. BavarianMotorWe

BavarianMotorWe New Member

wouldn't mind seeing them on the road.

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Looks like shit. And by shit, I mean like poop. Like, from a butt.

(if you don't get the reference, just let it go.)

Last I heard, the head of VWoA already said they're not going to sell the Scirocco in the USA, because they're sick of selling cars that people beat the shit out of. I'm guessing that means the forest gnomes in Wolfsburg have gone and made the Scirocco another high-maintenance diva that will send you to the poorhouse if you try to keep it running longer than five years.

And if that's the case, then the head of VWoA has done us all a favor, because by making them lose out on the North American market, he's effectively thrown the car back in the face of VAG and told them to make him a good coupe, bitch. (There might be spit involved in that scenario, I can't say for sure.)

4. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

nope. VWoA isnt selling in the states because its to closely related to the GTI, and they would be selling to the same crowd as the GTI.

i bet if you were to read the disclaimer right under the top picture you may have figured that one out on your own.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I did read that. That's the official story. Rumor has it that's not the real reason, though.

There's always gotta be a business case for making a decision with as big an impact as this. That doesn't mean the business case is the real motivation of the person making the decision.