SRS A bit of advice plz?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by sphinx, Jun 2, 2005.

1. sphinx

sphinx New Member

Just met this girl recently. Got a friend of mine to email her and what not to see what she thought of me and put in a good word ya know. So far everything is going good. We've only been talking for about two days now, only online tho, shes pretty busy this month so we wont be able to do much except talk online and possibly on teh phone. Well me just being the person I am, i try to stay online all the time to talk to her whenever shes on. Is this a bad thing? I dont wanna screw things up with her, she is very kewl and well just a overall great person. Dont wanna smother her or anything....if thats what it seems like im doing....is it?

2. teo

teo . => ? => !

You can't really smother someone by being online whenever they're online; she has the opportunity to talk to you but doesn't have to if she's busy with something else. On the flip side of that, you don't want to look like you're married to your computer. Just continue on with your life and if she's online when you are then talk to her.

Try to find another situation where you're in her presence - ie. hang out together with friends. She needs to get to know you better before she'll ever consider dating you.

3. johan

johan Active Member

Don't try too hard.

You do have a life outside her and the computer, right?
    Well, it should appear that way, even if you don't.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

As above poster said' show you you have a life' if you appear to be to clingy and not have a spine, then you are going to make woman run away from you. Don't be a spineless coward, and don't hang on her asif she was your mother. You need to show you are a strong individual who could live without her.

5. sphinx

sphinx New Member

all replies appreciated......also keep in mind that imma computer technician and a overall computer geek, so computers are my life and she knows that.

6. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Hell man when my gf signs on, i sign off!

7. johan

johan Active Member

Well in that case, it is absolutely IMPERATIVE that you log off and develop yourself more fully. So what if you work with computers all the time.
    That's all the more reason to discover the other 99% of the world -- and yourself.

8. Toasty

Toasty Naked people have little or no influence on societ

Agreed. And this coming from a computer geek myself.... shit, we probably all are hanging here.

If you want her, you got to take this opportunity to work in a relationship like you would be learning how do program your next app or figuring out how to complete that next WoW quest. :) Every effort should now be put into improving yourself for her....because let's face it. Computer geekery isn't sexy.

Nothing wrong with loving what you do. But put effort into this if you want the chance. Look for the opportunity to see her in person rather then IM. Don't even tell her you're into computers and all that...at least until she feels comfortable with you. And even then, don't make it like it's the focus of all your time.

Put time at the gym to improve your confidence and health. Look into personal grooming. Get some nice clothes. Learn how to cook... or find places she'd like to go romantically, etc.

This is the time to show your best.

9. sphinx

sphinx New Member

damn........so true.....thanks.....thats all i can say :bowdown:

btw i dont think she minds the geekism in me but just to be sure im not going to be showing that right off the bat. Thanks again, and any other advice, is of course welcome

10. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Definitely agree with everything that's posted here. Enjoying your work is cool, but there is a lot more to life than computers. Get a life outside of computers and video games because it's something you need to do for your life, not to mention it'll be more attractive towards the opposite sex.

Don't have any expectations about this potential relationship. It may be difficult, but expectations lead to resentment and disappointment. Whatever happens or doesn't happen, accept it and flow with it.

11. sphinx

sphinx New Member

Got ya and i have been trying to not have such high expectations in such a short period of time of talking. I know that if indeed i do get turned down or something that it will be harder on me. Right now im trying to just, in a sense, "distance myself".
    Like not being online all the time, or if im online and have a away msg up or something, ill leave it up and just continue watching my movie or playing a game or w/e. If she needs me she can IM me or call me, i cant let this own my life.