A bit of advice needed

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by dactyl, Jul 26, 2005.

1. dactyl

dactyl New Member

Alright. I'm new here (been trolling for probably over a year though) so I'm gonna try and keep this as short as possible... I'd about say a topic similar to this has been covered before, but I read through a few pages the other day hoping to find what I'm looking for with no luck...anyways, here goes..

K, there's this girl that I recently met at my work...I'm 22, she's 19...very pretty girl, I liked her from the moment I saw her. Come to find out a few days later, she likes me, too. So, I then try and work up the courage to ask her out. I've always been pretty shy so it was kinda hard for me to actually overcome that and ask her.

Today I did just that. I didn't get a yes, or a no....but I found out that I may have waited just a little too long to say anything. I asked her if she is seeing anybody and she told me that she just started talking to someone..but it was made clear by her that they're just talking, and nothing more right now. The guy is trying to push for a relationship, she's not sure because she wants to be a teacher, and he is one, but she say's she can't date another teacher. I told her that I didn't wanna be pushy or try and get in the way of her and another guy or anything like that, but that I'd like to get to know her, and she just smiled and we continued talking about whatever....

And this brings me to my question I guess........what should I do? lol...Being the shy guy that I've been all my life, I've not had much experience with these situations...so I figure somebody here may know what it could mean....whether I should just leave her alone and try for the friends category and work on something more later..

This may have turned out a little longer than expected, so if it goes unread, thats fine...if I get flamed, thats fine too =) ... just another topic amongst thousands.

2. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Also if you want a proper yes or no you need to ask her something more specific, rather than just say I want to get to know you better as she can take this in a few ways.

3. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

You have a Grade A setup to get stuck in the friend zone, so watch out for that...don't let her talk to you about her guy problems. Just hang out with her and have a great time...she'll forget about his sorry ass.

4. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

show her a good time, let her know your intentions are to be more than just friends. Maybe she'll turn around and say that she just wants to be friends, thats fine, you've lost nothing :)

5. dactyl

dactyl New Member

thanks guys, I'll work on it.....she was off today so I didn't get to talk to her...but she'll be there tomorrow...

I gotta try and work quick, too, heh....cause at the start of the school year I think she won't be there with me anymore....theres gonna be a change of staff and if I'm right, it ends sometime next week... I just hope I don't go screwing it up by seeming like I wanna move fast with her lol