GUN 9mm crew: tell me about this ammo

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dsking85, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i don't know much about pistol ammo, but i traded 100 clay shooting 12ga shells for 300 rounds of 9mm.

the box says Winchester (not original box), and on the side it says "Black T". the guy got them from his police friend.

the bullets themselves are in styrofoam, and they have a silver steel case with a black bullet. it's got a VERY deep hollowpoint, and indentations along the rim of the point, i guess for expansion purposes.

dunno about the ammo, but i figured 300 rounds of it for $15 worth of 12ga shells aint bad.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  2. PorscheRacer

PorscheRacer You see this? It means not welcome

Good score if you did get black talons they go for around $2.00 a round a gunbroker

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

the cases are just nickel plated brass, not steel, and the bullets are coated with lubalox which is used to decrease fouling. You got a damn good deal.

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

They're outdated technology wise, you might try to sell them although not being in the box may make that harder. I would use the new ranger rounds (ra9t) for actual defensive use if possible.

5. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

wow! sounds like i got another great ammo deal! i'll see if i can find some black talon boxes, maybe someone's tryin to unload some, and if i can i'll try to sell them. if i can't, i'm gonna shoot 'em!

6. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:coold: Black Talons I got a few boxes too.. waiting for the prices to go up more so I can unload them on gunbroker. ATM seenem going for over $50 a box.

7. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

damn! i guess the guy didn't know what he had, or didn't care. i got them for ~$15 for 300 rounds of it. i was lookin through them, and 1 of the boxes is nickel plated brass with copper bullet, and one of the boxes is brass cased with a black bullet. these boxes don't have Black T on them.

so i only have 260 rounds of black talon, and 40 rounds of those. still a good deal though.

8. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i kinda feel bad wasting this outta my Hipoint carbine:hsd:

i really, really, really want a pistol:wtc:

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:cool: Talons and Ranger SXT's are basically the same thing cept the Rangers dont have the coating, but people will still pay a premium to buy Talons :ugh: You'll lose a few bucks selling them with out the box but you'll still get alot more then there worth :bigthumb: I'm holding out I figure a couple more years they'll be worth even more

10. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

oh, is that what those other bullets are? what about the brass cases with the black bullets?

11. 7

I'd see how much you could get out of them, might be able to buy a pistol with the proceeds or atleast have some money towards one :dunno:

12. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i have the money, i just don't have the age:wtc:

13. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Overhyped bullshit from the media that teflon makes bullets go through vests. No better than other self defense rounds

14. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

from what i've been reading, i agree. still can't beat 15 bucks for 300 rounds though. i never woulda paid going rate for them.

15. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

:squint: Keep your damn mouth shut I'm waiting till they hit $75+ a box and selling all mine.

16. 7

they arent even teflon coated

17. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Like I said when they stopped making them all they is skip the coating and change the name to ranger sxt's. They perform good but they're not some miracle bullet, if it wasnt for the prices people will pay for them I'de of shot them up or been carrying them in my carry guns. I picked up mine dirt cheap too when I picked up a lot of misc ammo and reloading supplies :cool: