GUN 9mm Choices

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by RobMR3, Feb 17, 2004.

1. RobMR3

RobMR3 Guest

Looking at getting a 9mm when I get back to Arizona. What's a good choice for a beggening shooter? I like the looks of the Desert Eagle, but it almost looks like it'd be too powerful to start out with... Any and all feedback would be gretly appreciated.

2. Balthazar

Balthazar Guest

Well, how much money do you want to spend? Do you want a fullsize pistol or something small for carry? Single of double action? Also, correct me if Im wrong, but I didnt think DE comes in 9mm. Assumming you have a good seven or eight hundred dollars at your disposal, Ive always been partial to the classics. You couldnt go wrong with a sig sauer or a browning hi power, and ruger has got some great stuff out as well. Glock and HK certainly deserved to be looked at. Also, even thought they are the preffered weapon of the nazi cop, Ive HEARD that berettas are nice pistols. Couldnt tell you. My suggestion is, figure out EXACTLY what you want. Then shop around, try them out.

3. Balthazar

Balthazar Guest

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

i'm going to second balthazar's recommendation that you let us know for what you intend to use this pistol. we could better serve you if you were to do so.

concealed carry, i'd go with a glock, for reliability, capacity, and concealability. a CZ would be fairly easy to conceal, depending on body size, and which model you got. i think CZ makes a compact model. and they're so fucking comfortable. they make a polymer framed pistol now, but they just debuted, so i would wait to see what the word on the street is about their reliability. the other ones are damn good. berettas, likewise, are comfortable and damn reliable, but much harder to conceal due to their width. sigs are easy to conceal, but cost more than glocks and CZ's. they're damn good pistols too.

for a while, my carry choices were between sig and glock, but i'm going with glock for sheer reliability, simplicity, weight, and cost.

5. RobMR3

RobMR3 Guest

What's the diff between glocks and Berettas?

6. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

1. Desert Eagles don't come in 9mm.
    2. Desert Eagles are shit anyway.
    3. Glock and Beretta simply have different construction, materials, etc.

Beretta, Glock, Sig, CZ75, HK, they're all great pistols, you can't really go wrong with any of them.

7. rph74

rph74 New Member

I bought my 9mm x 19 Glock for $500 brand new and love it.

8. Welsh0913

Welsh0913 OT Supporter

I'm really thinking about getting a XD in 9mm :bigthumb: