99 Silverado

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by BumpnFD, Apr 6, 2002.

1. BumpnFD

BumpnFD Why don’t you do a triple fucking axel over to the

What times is a 99 1500 Ext Cab 5.3 Rwd capable of stock? how bout with a flowmaster dual exhaust and possible new gears? can it take some sock street stuff, like hondas and crap?

2. SycoPhant

SycoPhant Get out my way

Why would you buy a fullsize pickup if you intend to race??

3. BumpnFD

cause i like the looks. ans i dont plan on hardcore racing, but i want to be able to take some people. the engine will be havily modded over the summer, just wondering what it will run stock. i hope to get it into the 12s or 13s by end of summer.

4. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

According to Truck Trend which is part of Motor Trend the 1999 with 5.3 2WD Ext. cab put up these numbers.

0-60 8.2 seconds
    1/4 16.2 seconds @ 84.4 mph

These are guys who do it for a living so figure your numbers would be a bit lower. An exhaust system is really not going to make it any faster, I always put one on for sound not performance. The gears will get your more torque and bottom end but at a price, lower miles per gallon. With those 2 mods you should be able to take most stock Honda's but if the driver is good and they have a manual tranny they could beat you. If you want 12's or 13's I would suggest some internal engine mods or a supercharger. Either way its gonna cost some money.

5. BumpnFD

yea, i plan on doing internal mods like cam, heads, stuff like that.

6. Wolvrin704

Wolvrin704 Guest

Doing all that I can't see why you wouldn't be able to at least get into the 13's. At that point you should smoke most any Honda. I'd love to do the same in my F-150 but it has 2 things going against it, its 4x4 and lack of money.