99-04 Mustang crew, question inside

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Fareo, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Fareo

Fareo New Member

so i was going to get a GTO but ive since realized that its alil to expensive, and i was going to get a Trans AM untill i drove and realized what crap box of an interior it had and ontop of that i play guitar in a band and theres no way i would get any of my gear into a Fbody. so i want a 2 door V8 RWD car, thus leaving me with the mustang. since it has a normal trunk and the back seats fold down it will work for function (i can get 2 guitars and my amphead in the trunk) so im just gonna have to deal with the ford logo, and now im a hypocrite, but whatever :o

anyways to my question, what kinda of things should i look out for in shopping for a 99-04 Mustang GT 5 speed.

any years better then others?

major problems?

also how common are leather seats? casue i dont want leather.

tell me everything you can

thanx :x:

2. Light Speed

Light Speed Guest

all the years are the same basically.

3. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

dude dont get a mustang get like an 01 Camaro
    u could probably fit your stuff with the hatch and the back seats there fold down too. I would bet you would be able to fit 2 guitars and an amphead in there too. Try here on ebay
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...Z6161QQitemZ4609636266QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
    There are 6 Days left and the bidding is at $5,400. You could get this and be a lot better than a mustang if you don't like the Ford logo. (BTW i hate ford and mustangs)

4. NetChemica

NetChemica OT Supporter

the 99-04 bodies are the same except for the fact that the 01-04 bodies have the appearance package on the GTs. It's a different spoiler, a hood scoop, and different side scoops. There are no common problems that are serious. The only thing you should watch out for is the intake manifold leaking coolant, but ford replaces that for no charge. Don't be afraid of higher mileage mustangs since seeing the 4.6 with 2xxk miles isnt a rare sight. Ofcourse try to get a lower mileage one as long as you can afford it.

5. ecofire

ecofire Member

Tried it before in a buddies 96 camaro. The have little to no space for storage in the back.

6. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

did u try putting back seats down?

7. Light Speed

Light Speed Guest

dont get camaro, they got discontinued for a reason

8. Fareo

Fareo New Member

i drove a 04 GT 5pseed today and the clutch and throttle petals were extremly soft, i do drive a truck everyday but i drove my buddys 98 v6 mustang and that was stiffer then the GT.. is this common? is it only for certin years? i also wasnt totally sold on it.

..i donno :dunno:, maybe i need to just suck it up and wait till i can afford a GTO??

9. IslanderOffRoad

IslanderOffRoad Do you even lift kit? OT Supporter

As a Mustang owner, I woulnd't buy another one.