97 Nissan Sentra

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by FadedCamo, Jul 20, 2005.

1. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

Ok, this car is a POS, 110 hp or so. Not gonna make it a racer or anything, but was wondering whats a good part to put in to give it some extra acceleration? Im looking for the cheapest item that will give me bang for my buck.

2. HisXLNC

HisXLNC ๑۩۞۩๑ Hot ๑۩۞۩๑

Nitrous oxide.

3. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

Thought about it, but thats leaning on the expensive side and it is a finite resource once installed. And, there's also the risk of the power blowing up my puny 1.6 L engine.

I was looking around online, and saw a cold air intake system. Its cheap, and supposedly gives some more power. But, how much are we talking here? 10 hp? Im not much of a car buff, so I really dont know whats good and whats not.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

on the optimistic side, 3hp... on the realistic side... 0hp. possibly a loss.

5. Team503

Team503 Guest

+ ~ 3-5hp at peak, -5-8ft-lb of torque. In other words, bad decision.

Single best choice is nitrous. Filling a bottle is cheap, and a 50hp wet shot kit for around $500 will give you more power than anything else you do, short of boost or a block swap.

6. coma

coma New Member

I put in a a drop-in K&N filter along with a ghetto CAI in my Sentra and I got "some" gain. Definitely worth it, but like they said realistically it's only a couple of HP.