97 eclipse oil in cylinder

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by dexedrine, Aug 5, 2003.

1. dexedrine

dexedrine Guest

ok, my wife's car is really messed up, i replaced the sparkplugs, and the one cylinder had oil all in it. as far as i know, there shouldn't be that much oil in there. my father in law put some adapter in there that fixed it temporarly, but it came back today doing the same thing. any clue why the hell it's doing this?

2. turbodiamonds95

turbodiamonds95 tapout,chokeout or knockout

rings went bad,allowing oil to seep thru them into the combustion chamber...time for a engine rebuild

3. MAD PUNK inDC

MAD PUNK inDC Sic Semper Tyrannis

HOld on, was the oil actualy in the cylinder, or was it in the tube that the spark plug threads through? What did the spark plug look like? What model Eclipse is it? Are there any other symptoms like soking on starts, or under load, ect? Chances are if you have oil thats actualy in the cylinder, it's going to be something like valve seals. Could also be the rings, but more than likely it's valve seals. If it's just in the bore tube for you're spark plug, it's just a valve cover gasket.

4. ChickenH

ChickenH Enita non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.

if its just in the tube and leaks down when you pull the plug it will be wet with oil. if its leaking from the valve stem seals, head gasket, or rings it will be like burnt sticky gooy ash on the plug around the electrode.

5. dexedrine

dexedrine Guest

well i went to autozone, had the odbii codes read, it said random/multiple misfires on cyl 1 and 2.

it really doesn't matter anyways, i'm too poor, i just filed bankruptcy, i have to give the cars up (i have the 97 eclipse which is my wifes, and i have a mustang [i don't want to hear it, i know now...]) to the credit union on friday. my wife and i get to share a 92 toyota camry or corolla, i'm not sure which, it is my uncle-in-law's car...

6. evan2

evan2 Guest

all you need are the spark plug gromments not the vc gasket..

they are just 4 little rubber grommets