96 Chevey S-10 Speaker Replacement

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Rand0mHer0, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Rand0mHer0

Rand0mHer0 Guest

Does anyone know how to change the 6 1/2 inch speakers on the doors of an s-10 im having trouble getting to the damn speakers i changed the 4x6's but i dont know how to take the door panel off of the door to get the the 6.5's if any one knows let me know. Thanks.

2. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

You basically have to get between the door and the panel and pry them apart. The panel is held on by those plastic one way fastener things. I wish i could tell you more, but my truck is a 98 and the panel is different. Just run around the edge and pop one loose at a time, and you'l be fine. I pulled off and put on my panel 3-4 times now and the fasteners are still ok.

3. bubbaZR2

bubbaZR2 i poop too much, then i get tired... OT Supporter

oh yeah i forgot about the screws. On my 98 there are 2 screws underneath the armrest, and one screw where the door handle is. Not sure about your 96, but id immagine it would be similar

4. Dustro

Dustro New Member

yup 94-97 have the same, 2 in the armrest and the one where the handle is. You have to remove the plate behind the handle before you can remove the panel. Other than that if you have power windows you have to pop the panel with the switches off and unplug them, if manual then use a clip remover to take tha handle off. To remove the power windows panel just take a flat screwdriver and pop it from the top corner and it will come off, just clips in.