96 blazer dynamat and rattles!?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by 02CivicsiR, Feb 5, 2002.

1. 02CivicsiR

02CivicsiR New Member

hi,

i have a 96 blazer-s-10 2 door. It is the sport whatever, anyway, I have 3 type r's in my trunk and my car rattles like shit. Even when my music is off, something in the rear of the car rattles. Has anyone experienced this on a blazer? So I wanna possibly put like weatherstripping around the glass on the rear window adn dynamat the hatch. Has anyone dynamated a blazer before? where to begin? How effective do you think this will be? ANy suggestions would be helpful. THanks.

2. 02CivicsiR

02CivicsiR New Member

come on guys, can anyone help me out?

3. Wonka

Wonka Guest

Climb back with your subs and isolate the area that is making the vibration. From there you can probably pinpoint exactly what is causing it and apply the appropriate measures. (IE: tape)

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

its the back window
    and i have tried every thing lubing the seal tighting it ive tried many kinds of gresse its impossible to get rid of

5. 02CivicsiR

02CivicsiR New Member

the rattles are driving me nuts

6. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i kwno what you mean i just turn up the radio i dont even here them now im so used to them

7. SickOfItAll

SickOfItAll The Bartender

Back window...do you have a rear windshield wiper? could that be it? If not, rip off the panel and see what you can find. It could also be the hinges or mounts that lift the rear door (dunno if you have a tailgate or barn doors or what).

8. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

no the rear windows rub on the seal and thats it what squeeks it impossble to fix toehr than opening the rear window its the most annoying sound on earth

9. SickOfItAll

SickOfItAll The Bartender

Uhhh... :wtf:

You could try bracing the window, but buying a new seal sounds like the best bet. How is the window moving? Might the hinges be damaged?

10. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

tried both new hinges and a new seal it lasted for 3 days before it started agin ive tried every kida grees imagnable on the seal too nothing lasts more than a few days its a lost cause