94 Pontiac Firebird with Possible Blown Head Gasket?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by lawlz i win, Jan 28, 2008.

1. lawlz i win

lawlz i win i is in ur forumz.... trollin ur threadz

I just bought a 94 Pontiac Firebird for 1 grand, knowing it had engine troubles, but I was hoping to fix it up. It is a 5.7L V8 engine. It starts right up, and idle seems fine. But when I push on the gas, the acceleration is horrible. At one point I was at a red light, I rev up to around 6k rpms, it barely moves, and I see white smoke coming out of the exhaust. It does get going, it is just really slow. I am thinking it has a blown head gasket, but I haven't had a chance to check the oil yet. Are there any other things that could be wrong?

other details are 06 inspection sticker, tires seem worn. seller reported initially that it ran and drove great, am i missing something?

2. Rich

Rich New Member

1. Buy Car
    2. Pull POS LT1
    3. Drop in LS1
    4. ???
    5. Bad ass car.

3. MeanGreen

MeanGreen New Member

I did this to my 94 and it prevented any of the problems you are describing :x:

Is your car an auto? If it hardly moves the trans is probably fucked. And if you see white smoke in the exhaust and it has a sweet smell to it, then you have a blown head gasket.

4. Camaro > rice

Camaro > rice New Member

if its revved up to 6k and not moving, thats not that motor, probably the tranny. the white smoke could be from a blown head gasket but that wouldn't make it not move, so it looks like you have at least 2 major problems.