93 Prelude basic engine mods ?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Stickupkid, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Stickupkid

Stickupkid Web Dev | Dallas Crew OT Supporter

So I have this 93 Honda Prelude and its my daily driver. I don't want to race or rice it out all however,I do want a little bit more power. I want around 190-200hp. What basic mods can I do to achieve this setup for a reasonable amount of money?

f22a1 non-vtec
    195k miles
    bone stock

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

depends what you consider "basic"

3. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

Have to suggest that with 195K on the clock your best bet is to find another engine and transmission and just build those on the side. Even for a Honda that still a lot of miles and with even a few mods the engine can have major issues. Its a honda, will take you ten minutes tops to swap an engine and trans out lol.

But common mods are header, intake, short shifter. Your not going to make big power unfortunately but if you want to get power start over again and you'll have a new car with a fresh built engine and trans.

4. meervincent

meervincent New Member

h22 swap

5. Stickupkid

shit man it looks like there's no way around it but to just swap engines.

It makes sense though, the amount of money I put in to the F22a1 could well be spent on just a swap and get the same power output with even more potential.

6. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

do an h22 swap which might cost a grand if you can do it yourself. Then intake, header, exhaust and you'll be right around where you want to be. If you want more power, a little turbo on there might wake it up a little

7. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

You're not going to get it. Not out of an F22 at least. To be honest, I wouldn't waste your money modding the prelude, especially with that engine. It's not going to be any faster at all. Even H22's respond to mods like shit. If you want to mod a honda, your best bet is to get into some sort of bseries car (GSR integra for instance) or a kseries car.

The prelude is a terrible platform to mod at all. It's heavy and underpowered. I have a 5th gen.

8. meervincent

meervincent New Member

you could always do a hasport mount conversion kit for a b series and do a ls b18 turbo

9. Stickupkid

After some careful consideration.

Fuck it. I don't want to swap or add anything. I guess I'll be switching lanes with little or no excitement :wtc:

10. meervincent

meervincent New Member

there is stuff you can do to an f22 there just not abgreat platform. search the interwebs lots of people have upgraded them with decent results

11. ZACKMORRIS

ZACKMORRIS Active Member

They money spent to horsepower gained ratio here is going to be absolutely terrible. I mean, sure you can stick an intake and an exhaust on it to make it sound faster, but it's still going to be slow. lol.

12. StylishDOHC

StylishDOHC New Member

True, but ~250whp can be safely attained with a junkyard turbo kit and free engine management (crome,uberdata etc)....still a waste of $ in a heavy fwd car.

13. meervincent

meervincent New Member

bisimoto engineering made 360 fwhp out of an n/a f22 im not sayin there a good platform when comsidering buget to gain ratio but it can be done and has been done.