9 for 9... Elite total... State Records... S'ed F W

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by MaineSucks, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

What can I say... this meet was off the chain. Made weight easy, weighed in at 274 on Friday. Ate a good amount and felt good when I woke up. Got breakfast with the crew and set off to the meet site at the University of Central Florida. As always, our friends at Orlando Barbell put on a great meet. Everything ran very smoothly, spotters did a great job, music was great, venue was good, couldn't have asked for a better atmosphere. Everyone was in a great mood, the house was packed... not an empty seat in the house.

I didn't realize this til after the meet... but this meet was the two year anniversary of popping my meet cherry. My first meet was the Orlando Barbell push/pull in Feb '08.

Amazing group of lifters... lots of pros. Good to see JJ Thomas come all the way down to lift. He didn't have the day he wanted and had some issues on the squat. Regardless, it was good to see him. Judging was tight. Schwanke pulled a massive 780 @ 220. Dude totaled over 2300 @ 220..... again.

Even though there was only one monolift to warm up on, warms ups went great. Felt very explosive and my form was on for all warm ups. Everyone was supporting each other throughout warm ups, it was really cool to see people from different gyms and people competing against each other help out and coach each other during warm ups on the single monolift.

Due to missing 850 in the gym two weeks ago and the ability to hit depth with less weight. I got under in what felt like perfect setup, unracked and immediately called for a rerack... bar was too low and was rolling off me hard. Set up with the bar higher, gripped tighter and it was still rolling, fuck it... no more rerack. Took it down and smoked it for three whites, with a mental note to get more chalk on my back next time. Took 875 on my second. Didn't think I was gonna get it on my initial setup, I got under the bar and immediately got a severe ab cramp. I came out, took a couple deep belly breaths, got myself back in the zone unracked and drove through a sticking point for three whites. Took 900 as my third and got it up 2-1, it actually moved easier than the 875. State record.

Played it smart and opened RAWWWW on the bench. No chance in hell I was letting another 900lb squat get away from me. Went 315 for an opener, with a 6 second wait for the rack command because I chose to open raw. Thanks to head judge Jo Jordan for that one! Put the shirt back on and went 575... moved alright considering I didn't pimp the shirt at all. Called for 600... been waiting for this one for a while. Pimped the shirt a bit, brought it down and locked it out easier than the 575. Had a smile on my face when the bar was 3/4 locked out... I knew there was no chance I was missing this rep. Pending state record... my competition benched 600 as well, its gonna come down to weigh in.

Planned on opening at 585 on the pull... decided it was the smarter thing to drop the opener by 20 pounds, just in case. Smoked 565. Came out and called for 625 on the second... easy. Talked to my teammates and was told I had broke 2100 already and to shoot for a PR. Called for 660 and smoked it. I left a lot on the platform for the pull, too. 700 isn't far away. State Record.

All in all it was one helluva day. I had the bad taste of bombing at the ProAm in my head all day and got rid of that taste with the quickness. Tugboat from OBB mentioned to me that the OBB team goes out every Saturday to Froggers and closes the place down, naturally I stayed in Orlando for the night. When I got to Froggers I was greeted by a 30+ table of OBB members and Ryan Magin and his dime piece dancer girl friend. After countless pitchers and shots we ended up in the parking lot riding Ryan's very expensive BMX bike. Ryan jumped like five people laying on the ground, then Schwab decided he could do it and almost broke one of his teammates' ankles.... then we kicked him in the head because he was wearing Magin's hemet and you can't get hurt while wearing a helmet. I'm sure the log will be posted on EFS tomorrow. Great night with some good friends. Nothing like wrapping up a good meet with some pitchers and shots of cheap tequilla with some good people. Thank God for Milk Thistle.

I can't thank my Southside teammates enough. I wasn't exactly the easiest person to handle today, I became a different person on a couple of occasions today and my guys somehow managed to keep me somewhat grounded. I have to thank the Brian Schwab for putting a ton of effort into this meet and having one of the smoothest 60 person meets I have ever seen. Tommy, Tinch, Jo, and the other judges did a very good job today. Have to thank the whole Orlando Barbell crew for helping out, spotting, loading, and giving handoffs to the people that came unprepared... we've all been there and know how bad it sucks. There is no chance in hell we will fit into this room next year. Thank you to everyone that has supported me through the forums and through email/IM. I can't think of another sport where people you have never met face to face support the hell out of whatever you choose to do. Thank you to the BAG members for always being supportive. Thanks to OT for being OT. Thanks to Ulter, Mike, and Caker for showing up and supporting me today. It really means a lot. And thanks to my mom... she was at the meet where I totaled gym Elite at 22 and she was at the meet where I totaled APF Elite and qualified for Seniors at 23. And again, thank you to Brett, Nate, Jason, and Coach for handling me and Bob, Dan, Stacey, Iron Mike, and Dr. Fay for supporting me throughout.

Video of my squats and pulls
    ------ vid back later, youtube fucked it up -------------

2. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

Yet again, youtube fucked up the soundtrack. Its not synched with the video. Uploading to blip.tv, vid up later.

3. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

fucking RETARDED job dude

congratulations on an amazing meet!

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

:bowdown:

It was cool meeting you, bro. You're scary in person :rofl:

When I first came up to you, between your 1st and 2nd lift, I thought you were going to rip my head off and eat my guts. Much friendlier after your squats were done.. i was debating talking to you while u were waiting, didn't wanna get in your head and push you out of the zone.

Great job, again, bro.. very impressed.

5. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

real star of the show, btw:

[​IMG]

6. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

you're typing too coherently to put the shit i gave you to good use.. wtf

8. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

great intensity bro... awesome job

9. RICK RO$$

RICK RO$$ Active Member

Thats some baller ass shit right thurr

Bill would be proud.

10. giz

giz Active Member

fuck yeah maine :bowdown: :bowdown:

11. noogles

noogles OT Supporter

that's awesome! congrats!

12. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Nice!

13. GuOD

GuOD mcflurry diet

:bowdown: awesome job man!!

14. Huggy_B

Huggy_B AUS crew

congrats, nice job.

15. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

Smoked everything :bowdown:

16. Drewski

Drewski New Member

fuckin A...great job :bigthumb:

17. maxxpower

maxxpower OG Lauren Crew - Observer OT Supporter

Thats fucking awesome man!
    Congrats!!!!

18. Memor

Memor Active Member

like I said on BAG, awesome stuff! and LOL at your Mom yelling at Schwab in the vid

19. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

we had some laughs about that at dinner

20. Memor

Memor Active Member

Definitely added to the motivation video set. It's good that after all that shirt clusterfuck your benches went solid and 600 club became official. Deads looked easy as shit too. If you had had me there for the squat I'd have picked 1036 as your 3rd :mad:

21. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

22. Mippity

Mippity New Member

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you kilt it.

23. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

haha@ NICK

Congrats again SEAN-O, you continue to inspire us dude....fuckin awesome, smashing records! insane all around

24. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

CONGRATS BIG MAN!

25. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

rofl at that guy going for the low five/handshake on your way off the platform after the 900.
    Maine: MOVE NOOB I JUST HIT 900 TIME TO GO RAIL SOME YAY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.