9.5 / 10 posts on this forum and others are by guys with girl problems

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by busydoingnothing, Dec 3, 2007.

1. busydoingnothing

busydoingnothing A broken man too tough to cry

What the fuck is going on the other side of the spectrum? Do women not care about men or want men as much as men seem to want women? I've become completely disillusioned over the idea of love and romance in recent years. We grow up with this idea that there's romance and women who pine over men and who wait by the phone for his call, and are completely devastated when he doesn't. Does that pretty much die at the age of 18, or after a girl's first major breakup? What is a girl's view towards guys at the age of 24? Do they even want to meet a guy, or could they give a fuck less? I need some perspective here.

Ladies, what the fuck is going on?

2. jonno

jonno New Member

this forum is 99% men. therefore, more threads are going to be made by men. it's not rocket surgery

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

www.mothering.com/discussions

Go there and you'll see the other side of the equation. 9.5/10 OTers are men, that's why you have this. The board above is just the opposite and as a result you see just the opposite.

Interestingly enough, both places are full of bitter people.

4. stormywaters

stormywaters Tornadoes are just wind...

I still have those feelings. I'm sad/worried if my boyfriend doesn't call when he says and I try to take care of him. I can't imagine cheating on him and I know he won't cheat on me. I'm very happy with my relationship.

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

You do realize that many of the problems men and women have in relationships are the same, right?

6. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

Mostly I post in FS because people there give more thoughtful responses... but I have posted here a few times. Mostly the average response here is "Break up with him/her" and that is seldom the logical choice for most people in long term relationships who are interested in working things out rather that constantly looking for a perfect person or to start again fresh. I hate dating!

I would probably be posting more on here if I was single, to be honest... but these days my most pressing problem is figuring out how to ask my SO to do something without him not doing it on purpose because I asked him to... Story of most women's life:)

/DA

7. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I think it has to do with the fact that most people are men, as well as the fact that everyone here is relatively in the same age range. We have some younger, and some older people, but for the most part, the majority is between 19-24 I would say and at that age you have a lot of women who tend to care less about LTR's and such.

When I was in high school and a guy broke up with a girl she sat at home alone or with the company of friends crying and thinking her life was over. Now, at age 22, when a girl dumps a guy she doesn't do that, she just hits up the bars and clubs, drinks a lot, and gets as much attention from other men as possible.

8. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

For the life of me, I'll never understand why people who aren't married and/or those who do not have kids together try to make a failing relationship work. :dunno: I suppose it's because, like you said, they hate dating.

The most ridiculous notion in dating today is the idea of fixing who you are with and getting them to comprimise who they are to "make things work" instead of going out and finding someone you are compatible with.

For this reason, people advocate ending the relationship. I have to laugh at people who aren't married or who don't have kids together trying to "work things out". It's OK to not be compatible. It's neither of your fault. It's PEFECTLY NORMAL for a relationship to have problems and fail because of incompatibilty issues. "Working things out" is just a selfish cop out for people who are too lazy and insecure to go out and find someone they ARE compatible with.

My $0.02. Again, not a popular opinion, but it's the truth.

9. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

There's def. some truth to that... but there are also situations in which people are incompatible and fight and try to make things work half the time and the other half of the time they are perfect together. This is what makes things difficult because it demonstrates what "could be" and people are afraid to leave love for the fear that that was their opportunity.

10. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

(Kay I'm taking back my /DA for clarification...)

Problems = Failing? Men and women act a certain way when they are single, and getting into a relationship garners some compromise that is different from what they are used to. Going from making one serving of something to making 2 servings, taking turns cleaning mutual areas of use, etc... Normal things that need change, but that can be tricky to work out the details. It doesn't mean the relationship is failing when there are road bumps. Thank god my SO and I have some road bumps, it would feel bizarre to have him agree all the time and to coast with no mishaps.

Now, for big problems (I'm sorry I cheated on you, I am pregnant, you're fat and ugly, etc) there would be reason to walk away, clearly. And most people should walk away sooner than they do, it's a chronic problem with human nature.

But my only point was that regardless of the problem, I get sick of reading "Bitch slap the bitch and break up"... it's just repetitive and boring. You're not one of those guys though, so I have no argument with you:)

DA

11. phish

phish hockey crew

:rofl::ugh:

12. babar

babar Active Member

:roflw:

13. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

whats wrong w/ asking for some advice. Hopefully ppl here are smart enough to know what advice to use.

14. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

I'm assuming that people are smart enough to recognize "road bumps" over severly serious issues.

However, if you are getting "road bumps" very early on in the relationship, I would say that is a pretty big sign that you aren't compatible.

You're never going to find a perfect relationship or a perfect men/woman (*cough* Falconer *cough*), so you can expect road bumps. But if you find yourself in a relationship and you find yourself not happy and you do not have kids together and you aren't married, then there's only so much "work" you should invest in it. Sometimes even "minor" problems (compared to cheating or what not) are deal breakers if they persist.

15. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Girls don't care enough to come onto a forum to bitch about it? :dunno:

It is a relationship forum...

No offense (because I really do like you), but we say that because from everything you posted in here about your bf he sounded like a royal asshole that wasn't worth your time. Then when I read your posts about him in FS I never see you write the same kind of thing. Those comments in there are always about you two and your sexual habits. You never seem to mention what he has said and done in the past or what problems you are having in there. I've sometimes wondered if you go in there because you feel in denial in here :dunno:

16. jonno

jonno New Member

:mamoru:

17. DarkAngel19

DarkAngel19 New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:kiss: I wasn't just talking about me! It seems like especially the poor saps who get their gf knocked up (and who are morons...) get the same useless advice. At least it's useless NOW... *Wear a condom... a little too late now!*

I don't bring any drama into FS, or any emotional baggage. FS is so purely sexual, I would hate to bring some of the spirit of Vag in there:mamoru: When sex happens for me and my SO, it's still motherfuckin FUN, no arguments there!

I appreciate all your advice hon, and you're usually right:)

DA

18. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Rocket Surgery?

Science? Hahaha :rofl:.

19. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

lol

20. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Isn't that a board for mothers? Aka-most likely older women?

21. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

No.

Most of the women there are the same age group as OTers. maybe a tad older, but most of the ones I've seen are in the 20 to 35 range.

22. R.Kelly

R.Kelly OT Supporter

IMO, the reason you see more guys post stuff than girls is because girls have more options. If a girl wanted to get laid tonight, she really has no problem (there are few exceptions to this, but I'm not going to go into detail).

But for guys, things are the complete opposite. Guys spends soo much time/money/energy trying to get laid, because there is so much competition. Guys come here and post, because they are trying to gain some type of edge over everyone else.

There is a lot more too this, but I really don't want to get into too much detail.

23. Ritley

Ritley New Member

Because women are the ones that cause all of the problems, so they know how to fix them.

Kidding, what other people said

24. lauren

lauren Active Member

my bf is the awesomest. :)

25. danewreed

danewreed OT Supporter

well said