89 Bmw 325

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by integraMAHxC, Jun 2, 2006.

1. integraMAHxC

integraMAHxC New Member

a friend of mine has a 5spd 89 325 Convertible sittin in the driveway for about a year now. with a jump it started last year. only real problem is itll need a good cleaning inside, cuz a tarp as been over it all winter in an attempt to keep moisture from leaking into the conv. top which has a slit through where the rear window is. i currently have no car, because i crashed mine last month and havent had steady employment, and i have the option of buying the car for $600. should i take a risk with this car? how much would it cost to fix the convertible top.. im not a big fan of conv. but for $600 can i really go wrong

::cliffnotes::wanna buy a 89 325 w/ a hole in the conv. for $600 thats been sitting for a while. should i waste the time, and how much would it costs to fix.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  2. Auspicious one

Auspicious one New Member

hole

do it man :bigthumb:

3. MaRcH HaRe

MaRcH HaRe New Member

you can buy hard tops to replace the vert one too.

otherwise a brand new top ranges from $450-$700 depending on manual/electric and materials.

4. MP525i

MP525i New Member

i didn't think the e30's had electric tops.

5. aballas

aballas New Member

duct tape ftw.....

6. Tvan

Tvan New Member

A hard top for an E30 will cost over $1k if you can find one. :rofl:

Here's what you do, go to r3vlimited.com and register for the forums. Post the pictures of the car **be as thorough with this as possible** and post the price. The guys there will be able to help you out much more than I will. I am not familiar with verts, but I do own an E30. :bigthumb:

It shouldn't cost that much to fix unless there is a big problem with it. The biggest problem with that engine is that people forget to replace the timing belt and tensioner. If the belt snaps, the engine will seize. So if you buy the car, get that replaced ASAP (it's like $20).

89 is a good year too, plastic bumpers FTW. How many miles on the car? If it's under 200k you're in the clear.

7. jweb

jweb OT Supporter

I don't think '89 verts came with plastic bumpers, just coupes and 4 doors.