88 rx glx

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by triXx, Apr 1, 2008.

1. triXx

triXx Im the crack being smoked by your dealer

I was out at Daytona for a car show and swapmeet this weekend, pick up this car with 30,000 origional miles and it runs great, got it for 3,000$

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

now this is my first rotary, id kinda like the all-knowing ot to give me sum pointers and tips i gotta lookout for and things to play with?

2. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

If you don't need to add any oil b/w oil changes, something is wrong.
    other than that, rev that fucker to high hell and back :bigthumb:

my dad had an early FC that I wanted, but he sold it when my bro was born :wtc:. I want to pick up a turbo model at some point :hsd:

3. triXx

yea i was told about the oil deal, also, im planning on doing a rebuild soon, so apex seals... what should i get as there seem to be many choices

4. Ohayou88

Ohayou88 New Member

Mazda OEM 2mm is really good. many people have made tons of power on them even on high hp turbo applications. so no need to upgrade to any ceramic or 3mm. If you want to add more power just make sure you have it tuned good with correct ARs. as that is how many people pop motors with improper tuning.

with 30k on the motor you most likely shouldn't need a rebuild. Go get a compression check and that will tell you the condition of your motor. I have a NA rx7 for my DD and it has 158k on it right now and it runs strong and has good compression. I even have a friend whos motor is at 180k and he tracks that car. NA rotarys are pretty good on reliability.

When you get into turbo rotary thats a different story.

I would just look into getting some wheels and aftermarket suspension, and if your looking for some power a K&N drop in and nice header and exhaust.

5. V_Eight

V_Eight inside fish sticks, outside tartar sauce

failcar

6. Vicious-S

Vicious-S New Member

Everytime you fill up, get good regular (shell, texaco, etc), and put in half a bottle or so of 2-stroke pre-mix. That'll make your sweet rotory live a long, happy life!

7. triXx

2 stroke premix... you mean what i put in my dirtbike? i guess it has a racinbeat exaust as well

also as im in florida i was told theres no emmisions... from the same person i was told it would be a nice working exaust if i went down to a shop and asked them to weld me up a 2-1 2.75 all the way back.... should i?

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

I would say leave a custom exhaust system till you turbo it, since the gains on a NA engine are going to be minimal most likely.

9. Ohayou88

Ohayou88 New Member

you do not premix unless you have disabled the oil metering pump or suspect it to be failing or not working efficiently.

For your exhaust system. get a RacingBeat header and have the muffler shop fab you up some 2.5 piping. It will give you alot of noticeable power. The majority of the power will come from removing the emissions.

Check out www.fc3spro.com for tips and tricks to beefing up your NA.

I don't know if I'd turbo this car. 30k mileage thats a rare find the motor will go on for a while. This car should just stay NA and used for autox and road racing or just cruising. Turbo swap into NA isn't a very good choice of going turbo. It would be more economical and time efficient to just buy a TurboII. and throwing a turbo on a NA isn't the easiest of task. its alot of custom fabrications.

10. Intro

Intro New Member

a little off topic but i guess important, what kind of gas millage do N/As get?

11. triXx

17-25 mpg a belive