88 Ninja 600?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Morgan06, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

Going to look at one of these early this afternoon I found on CL for $300.

Owner says cylinder 4 cuts out/bogs/misfires under 6K rpm. He cleaned or rebuilt the carb twice, but it didn't fix the problem. Without discounting what he's attempted so far- what else could be the problem besides plugs, wires, or vacuum?

Ideally I'd like to fix it and let my brother learn on it for then sell it. If I can't get it running with an extra $100-$150 I'll probably part it out on the ebay.

2. laydback

laydback New Member

doesnt make sense if its anything besides a carb problem if it only happens under 6k rpm.....compression issue would be worse at higher rpm... technically so should a spark issue....bad float would account for that problem tho

3. Junkie

Junkie re-tarded OT Supporter

take a compression tester with you anyway

4. Morgan06

Morgan06 New Member

L upper fairing was cracked, clutch doesn't engage, brake lever had no tension, tires were close to dry rot. To top it off it had a dead battery so I couldn't even hear it run or see the as advertised problem for myself... Etc etc.

They wanted 300, I told them even at 200 I'd have to think about it overnight. At that price I won't have even the slightest problem braking even, but I'm still on the fents.