'86 Saab 900turbo

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Omega6_Virus, Jul 17, 2003.

1. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

There is one for sale near a friend of mine. 180k and asking $800. My friend has a project car(88 Honda CRX) which hasn't been worked on for the longest time. He is looking at this car to drive because his parents are not always able and/or willing, to loan him one of their cars. He searched around and found it was one of the C&D's 10 Best in 86. Anyone have any information on it or know of any boards? He is looking to talk the owner down to $400.

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Very cool car... Probably won't get it down to $400 though, well-maintained ones around here go for a couple grand (Canadian, so at least 1k US).

Apprently they're tons of fun, super-fast, handle pretty well (especially considering FWD).

3. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

This one isn't in the greatest condition, outside, the paint mostly, at least. There is some minor mold on the rear deck lid by the back windows.

4. Penguin Man

Ah... Mechanically sound though? Repairs can be expensive cause they have to special order the parts these cays.

5. ollie

ollie Guest

i drive a 1989 saab 900 and bought a 1986 900 turbo 3 door a few months ago for $400.... 151k miles, body is in good condition (see photos, slight damage), interior is a bit faded, but not bad, and engine starts and sounds ok. BUT something's wrong with the clutch (and i hope not the tranny), so it's just sitting. i haven't had time or money to mess with it.

i would usually get any car that i'm going to buy checked out first by a mechanic, but i didn't want to spend the money, and i know it has to have some problems.

i think i read they put out about 170hp stock (give or take, probably less), so yeah, they're zippy cars.

the saab central forums are a good resource

the rest of the photos

[​IMG]

6. El Slotho

El Slotho Every hour wounds. The last one kills.

As an ex 1991 SPG driver, I say rock the casbah.

Good luck whatever the choice. :big grin:

7. saabguy

saabguy Active Member

8. Penguin Man

:cool: Another Saab fan on the board.