MIL 81 on ASVAB, swearing in this Saturday

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Jabbermewmew, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Jabbermewmew

Jabbermewmew OT Supporter

Got an 81 on my asvab. Joining Army NG hear in Wisconsin, going for MP as MOS

Going to be at Fort Leonard Wood for 19-20 weeks for basic and MP school, I've heard that place sucks :noes: Still extremely excited about everything though.

Hope my physical goes alright tomorrow, is the duck walk really that big of a deal? I've heard that's really the only part that gives people trouble

2. Tycoon

Tycoon New Member

i didnt mind leonard wood, i dont know what basic training bases are pretty good for that matter :dunno:

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

don't worry about the duck walk. you have much more important things to worry about than that. :hsugh:

Start running now.

4. Jabbermewmew

I'm in the best shape of my life, I've been running and working out 5 days a week for a few months now. Think I'll be somewhat prepared :)

5. Ranger-AO

outstanding.

Do you know when you'll ship out to basic? there are a few things that would be good to memorize before you go.

6. Jabbermewmew

Sometime in September, recruiter is looking for any openings at earlier dates though.

7. burton564

burton564 New Member

I warn people all the time about being a MP. No one listens, but i'll do it again. Just don't do it. If you are doing it because you want to be a cop on the outside don't do it.

PS. No one likes MPs, especially me

8. thekinggovernor

thekinggovernor OT Supporter

[​IMG]

9. burn__

burn__ New Member

friends dad was in charge of the MPs (i guess thats what you would call it? :dunno: ) out at Luke AFB, and he said he loved it more than when he was a pilot.

10. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

Understand this...

MP's deploy more than many other MOS's. MP's work harder, more is expected of them, and you make the same amount of money as the people who work less and have skate jobs. MP's only have MP friends for the most part. Some MP's take their job way too serious and basically ruin a good thing. My suggestion is change your MOS while you still can, but that's just me.

11. VolksDragon

VolksDragon New Member

Truth. DO NOT go MP if you can help it. You will fucking hate it, and it will hate you.

Trust us who have been there and done that.

12. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

if your a normal human the duck walk isn't a problem
    also, I'm at fort leonardwood right now in AIT as a combat engineer. This place does suck lol. You will either freeze your ass off and be miserable or sweat your balls off from the heat.

MP's don't seem to have it all that bad from the ones I've talked to. They are alot more serious when it comes to formations which is the only real diffrence ive seen. Just get past the first few weeks and you'll live.

My advice from someone who isn't even done with it all yet. Don't take what the drill sergeants say to your heart. Police up your battle buddies but don't be some faggot drill private. Don't ever let any of the stupid barracks drama get to you, and work on your PT; the army pt test isnt all that hard but make it somthing you definatly dont have to worry about because its one of the things that can keep you here for an extra 3 monhts. MAKE SURE THIS IS SOMTHING YOU WANT TO DO. If you come here and attempt to back out somehow, medical, suicide, whatever you think will work. they will make sure to fuck you over and keep you here making you miserable for a few months. we had like 15 people here the entire time we where training through basic just waiting to leave for like 2 months lol. my last piece of advice, shortcuts, taking food from the defac or anything small will come to bite you in the ass. you may be good at not getting caught but the asshole next to you will fuck you over.

13. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

must have mistaken it with combat engineers homo.

14. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

I was going to come in here and make a thread for you Josh :rofl: (OP is my little bro)

Join ROTC, do aviation, become helo pilot :bowdown:

15. burn__

burn__ New Member

:mamoru:
    now i can see why everyone thinks he's nuts for doing what he does.

16. SuperMaWiiOH

SuperMaWiiOH New Member

I'm gonna say it one more time to hopefully see if it sinks in...don't go MP. I was told by many people to not go Security Forces and I didn't listen. I thought, hey it can't be so bad. Next thing I found out was it sucked balls. Everyone else had easy jobs, had more days off (down days), could get leave easier, got treated better, etc. If you don't mind having a real possibility of working on say Thanksgiving, Christmas, having to schedule for leave 6 months or so in advance (that's Air Force standards), going to work on your off days because of some stupid training BS...then by all means go MP.

17. Jabbermewmew

Ended up getting to MEPS at 6am and staying until 4pm to get everything done :eek4:

Said I wanted the earliest date they could give me for basic... I leave on May 15th lol. Going to be at Flwood for ~20 weeks

18. Ranger-AO

Memorize the following. Be able to quote a specific portion by heart whenever asked.

Also, you will be issued this book when you get to Basic. You will have it with you at all times, and will study it when you aren't doing anything else. http://www.army.com/armyietguide.pdf

19. FBIkilledmygoat

FBIkilledmygoat New Member

Leonardwood :bowdown:

I went there...

they just built the starship barracks for the MP's...very nice :o

good luck man... try and get into the fast track program. You get out of there a couple weeks earlier if you do really well on your PT and other tasks

20. Jabbermewmew

Think a lot of you are forgetting I'm not active duty. If I do deploy, which I probably will, I don't think anyone would consider a day over there a "day off".

Was that barracks comment sarcastic? I've heard all the barracks there are shitty.

21. Ranger-AO

you will absolutely deploy. no doubt about it.
    http://www.google.com/search?um=1&h... starship "leonard wood"&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=iw

22. The Militant

The Militant THE FUTURE

listen to this man, if you wanna eat and save yourself from some pushups. When they give you that smart book read it and remmeber it, they will question you on all of it at once point or another.

23. bigfodee

bigfodee Active Member

you may want to give serious rethinking to being MP. you'll train like infantry for awhile, then act like a dick on duty in the states and stand post all day when overseas.

24. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

Threadstarter left for basic at 0530 today. :wavey: Good luck little brother, and see you in 9 weeks :h5: