8 grand?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by arabgangsta, Feb 7, 2005.

1. arabgangsta

arabgangsta New Member

What kind of car should i get? Im going to primaraly use it for street racing. :)

2. ices

ices New Member

street racing is gay

that aside, a 5.0 mustang fox-body, or maybe an older transam. most imports won't go fast with 8k

3. citrux

citrux New Member

first get a real job, and then start modding.

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

just what we need -- another asshat street racing to kill another innocent person. You should be shot before you have the chance of getting behind the wheel.

5. Turbo240sx

Turbo240sx Still Spoolin'

buy a reliable daily driver, save some of the money, and consider another hobby. if you want to go street racing, play some video games, modifying cars is not for you.

6. Finest

Finest OG #93

In that case: Ford Festiva. Fast enough to get you in trouble with the law, slow enough to keep you alive once you fuk up and roll it over. :coolugh:

Oh, and the other $7,500 can go towards bail money or savings or whatever.

7. oakie

oakie my ninja.

get a lowered camel.

8. SaintGRW

SaintGRW OT Supporter

what he said.

9. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

can you fit 20's on a ford festiva? if they dont fit, get 30" wheel spacers. you'll get mad respect at the races... especially south of the border.

10. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

does anyone know where to find a horn that plays the cukaracha?

11. elekt

elekt New Member

91 mr2 turbo, you can run 13's for like a grand.

12. Finest

Finest OG #93

Good luck finding a [running] one for under 9-10k. Stock. :eek3:

13. T.A.M.

T.A.M. New Member

GET AN AV...... Take everyones advice. Dont street race, you will wind up with bad insurance and a ripped up car in a few years........ Damn Fast and Furious shit again

14. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

maxima and don't race, idiot

15. elekt

elekt New Member

uhh 91 turbos go for 6-7 grand all the time in socal.

16. Redsand187

Redsand187 OT Supporter

90-94 DSM they are going to get you the best bang for the buck in that price range. Plus you'll fit in with all the recent owners of DSM's, poor ass posing kids that don't know shit.

If you were serious at all, you would know one: Never say that you are going to street race, even guys that do street race don't talk about it. Two: you'd know what the fuck you were going to build to begin with, you'd own it already, and be building it.

For 8g's I say buy a bike. That way it's fast, and then when you fuck up, you will just kill yourself. :x:

17. BlMMERGUY

BlMMERGUY New Member

thats the best advice ive ever heard on OT. also consider a chevy crown vic. that way when you pull up at the races, people will run thinking youre an undercover

18. bmxenbrett

bmxenbrett Guest

you can street race with with out being stupid....if ya didnt know.... just because ur braking the law dont mean ur flying down a one lane roads the wrong way in rush hour traffic as grandma pushes her cart into the middle of the road, in front of the police dpt

19. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

2 days ago, there was a HUGE accident on the corner of Jackson and Riverside, where I live. It occured because some idiot was driving 100mph in a street race and ran a red light. He T-boned someones car. This happened about 5-10 minutes after I had gone through that intersection on my way home from work.

Streetracing kills people. We're not talking about 5mph over the speed limit... we're talking about two people focusing on going as fast as they can, and completely disregarding other people's safety. I often stay late at work, and had I gotten out 5-10 minutes later, that could have been me. I full-heartedly support stronger punishment against street racing, and anyone that thinks it's okay to street race needs to wake up. What if you lost a loved one to a street race? That wouldn't be okay with you, so why do you think it's acceptable for others to give you that authority?

20. alptekin

alptekin New Member

huffy, or like a shwin. they are really fast,

21. bmxenbrett

bmxenbrett Guest

there was a shooting in a mall near me, my sister works there she got out of work as it started to happen. she still works there and our house still has a rifle in it. just because people street race dont mean there killing people. the guy ran a red light. if i ever race any one im not doing it any city with lights, its on an open streight country road where you can see people coming.

22. Mike4831

Mike4831 “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’l

Well for 8 grand, if you want just a fast car or a car that can be built up....240SX, 4th Gen Prelude SI, early Civic Hatchback.

23. MR2Racer28

MR2Racer28 Guest

Street racing is stupid and I would not advise it. I am not going to try and stand here and say I am perfect and you should be like me because I used to street race all the time but looking back on it I got very lucky that I never got into an accident or killed anyone. Now I just take it to the track. Trust me on this

But for 8K I would get the following

91-92 Toyota MR2 Turbo- 5-7K and very reliable and fast.
    89-93 Ford Mustang GT- 2-4K and with a supercharger will be real quick. Not too reliable though.
    91-94 Mistubishi Eclipse GSX- 6-8K. Fast AWD car but again not too reliable.
    92-95 Honda Civic Hatchback- 2-4K. Slow stock but multiple motor swap options and a decently reliable car.
    89-93 Nissan 240sx- 2-4K. Not too fast but SR20 swap will definately wake the car up and the motor is very strong and reliable.

hope that helps.

24. arabgangsta

arabgangsta New Member

I thinking gsx. or mr2

25. Ironhead

Ironhead Guest

super. a site with a kills section but the members are against street racing. and don't tell me it's for track stories only. find a local street racing website and don't bother with these pansies.