8 eggs a day

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Pommy, Dec 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pommy

Pommy Pose. Click. Fashion

I'm 5' 8 and only weigh a measly 120lbs. I read somewhere that gobbling down 8 eggs a day should put me on the right track. I'll be scrambling them and munching away. Does this sound about right to you guys?

2. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

Depends how much else you're eating besides the eggs

3. TZ

TZ Banned

Yea, what Ceaze said. Make sure you're not just eating 8 eggs, but also 2 chicken breasts, 3 protein shakes, a steak, etc. :hs:

4. Pommy

well, i really suck at the eating....
    and the only supplement i take after workout is prolab n-large2 (4 scoops per serving) which is only 56g of protein i see. maybe I should be drinking them again before sleep?

5. TZ

TZ Banned

Probably. I have the same problem you do , which is why I feel I'm not really gaining any on my lifts now...

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

if someone said they'd give you a million dollars if you gained 30 lbs, you'd find a way to do it

7. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

Try weight gainer. It helped my ass out. :dunno:

EDIT: Just realized you are taking N-large. Try adding banana in your shakes, or even some oats.

8. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

Eat every 3-4 hours. Protein in each, at least 30-40 g in time. Eat lots. since you're looking to gain weight and you're a measly 120, fuckwatching maximum calories. Just eat.

9. CrazyFoool

CrazyFoool OT Supporter

how old are you?

This is how I gained weight. I'm skinny tho. I was at 140. and i got up to 160 in a matter of 3 months. I worked out 5 days a week. sometimes twice a day. During those 5 days, I would eat a lot more. I never had to force myself to eat a lot more because when Iworked out, I naturally got hungry.
    Goto Costco, buy chicken and whatever (I love shrimp and other seafood). Buy a crapload of ziplock bags. Split up whatever serving sizes you want into those bags and throw them in the freeze and fridge.

I don't know if I would suggest eating 8 full eggs a day. maybe two yokes w/ 6 extra egg whites. My personal experience w/ that many eggs ends is that after a week, I can feel an increase in my bloodpressure..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2006
  10. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

:hsugh: give me a break

eat your 8 eggs if you want

11. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Dietary cholesterol is not linked to your cholesterol levels. Make sure you balance the saturated fats with mono and polyunsaturated and you'll be fine.

12. TZ

TZ Banned

this is a good piece of info, didn't know that

13. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

dont fucking worry about protein intake right now.

eat anything and everything in sight.

use www.fitday.com to make sure you're getting at least 2500 calories a day for the next 10 days.. after that, bump it to 2750 for 2 weeks.. then 3000.. stay at 3000 for a month, then move again to 3250. max out at 3500. and do that for a long time. you'll gain weight.

14. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

Yeah, I used to think that too, but it's not true. Anecdotally, my cholesterol went way up when I was eating 6 eggs a day (whites+yolks), but it's back to normal. If you want the mechanics behind it, it's because a high dietary inteake of saturated fats and cholesterol raises plasma LDL levels primarily by down-regulating hepatic LDL receptors. The LDL has a long half-life, so it's more likely to be taken up by macrophages than HDL is, which turns into foam cells, which causes the fatty streaks in your arteries to form.

15. lif

lif New Member

About 20% of your cholesterol in your blood comes from dietary influences, about 80% of it comes from your genetics and is produced by the liver. So, if your going to get heart disease, it's likely going to be a function of your genetics. Those that are pre-disposed to heart disease should watch your cholesterol intake. So if it runs in your family, watch your cholesterol intake, if it doesn't you should be fine.

16. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

there is familial hypercholesterolemia, but that's not the only way you can put yourself at risk for atherosclerosis. If the liver has plenty of cholesterol, it's not going to take in more, so it floats around in the form of LDL. where are you getting the 20/80 numbers?

17. Pommy

goddamn. i tried 6 eggs today.
    it's been 3 hours and i'm still buzzin'

18. Lobo2me

Lobo2me Would you hit?

:bigthumb:

I'm 175 pounds and I've got no problem eating 10 eggs in a row, but I'm cutting now so I've got watch what I eat and I've moved away from eggs.. Main reason for that is because I can't get separated egg whites where I live, and one egg has too much calories compared to the amount of food I'm eating, so I'd rather have a shake and 2 pounds of apples instead of 4 eggs

19. Pommy

does it have to be only egg whites?
    i'm bulking, so does it matter? the more tha betta?

20. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Apparently, the worst thing that I've seen in the literature is that eggs tend to increase the non-atherogenic LDL level so it's not really linked to CHD.
    Apart from that, it seems like it's all good.

http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/3/1/6
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=11023006
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=11023005

8 might be a little too much but only a blood test will tell. I can't wait until we can get tested for some genes and see our risks, in this case knowing our allele on the gene coding for the APOE lipoprotein would be nice (and it can tell us if we're at risk for Parkinson and Alzheimer :eek3: )

21. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

My father has cholesterol problem and he suggested that number too. I'm guessing he got that info in Time from a scientific article on statins or something.
    I should verify that but I think cardio would have a more important effect on both LDL and HDL value than diet.

22. Lobo2me

Lobo2me Would you hit?

For you it doesn't really matter, as long as you get alot of calories it's good.(and as long as those calories are healthy)

But I would use eggs as a source of proteine only, and then the yolks have too much fat and calories compared to other things I can eat

Egg whites per 100 grams: 10,1g proteine 0,1g fat 1,2g carbs 46 calories
    Egg yolks per 100 grams: 16,4g proteine 33g fat 0,2g carbs 359 calories
    Total per 100 grams egg: 12,6g proteine 10,1g fat 0,8g carbs 146 calories

So eat eggs, it's good for you

23. TheProwler

TheProwler Active Member

Um, I don't think cardio would have much impact at all on your cholesterol. It's not metabolized for energy under any circumstances. It comes from two sources - dietary and de novo synthesis - and it's used for bile salts, steroid hormones, membrane fluidity, and a few other things, but cardio's not one of them.

24. trancezj

trancezj New Member

I eat a dozen when I'm cutting.

25. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Results sometimes show a difference, sometimes not. Usually, cardio has a better impact on HDL with people who have low-HDL levels but it won't really affect those who don't have HDL problems.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/..._uids=10994902&query_hl=6&itool=pubmed_docsum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.