SRS 7mo gf wants break

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Zeff, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

Backstory: I've known of this girl since she was probably 17... didn't really know her, just if we were at the same place we would say hi and give hugs or whatever. I ran into her a couple times last year (she was 21, I was 26) and she got my number, we ended up going out for drinks a couple times and hitting it off really good. She is a super busy person and the whole time that we dated, the most time that we ever spent together in a big chunk was maybe 4 whole days. Usually if i was lucky I'd see her maybe 2-3 times a week and that would consist of one of us stopping by eachother's work or someone spending the night. I was cool with that and never pressured her about ditching anything dealing with school. Slowly but surely we both got pretty attached to eachother to the point where I could see an actual future with her and we both mentioned how we sometimes wanted to say love.

7mo later: She has been super stressed out about her school and an internship and Tuesday of last week dropped the whole I need space/break thing on me. She can't give me any reason other than because of her workload and her feeling like her life is imploding around her. I feel like shit and that everything is in limbo with her, which is not what I want at all. I I didn't talk to her at all and she calls me yesterday. I seriously thought after reading all the threads in here that I should just not answer but I did. We talked some more about it and how she feels like she can't be in a relationship until she can sort her life out and pull up her grades. She told me she was dropping her internship because of stress also. I fished around and asked if she had any sort of time frame for the break and she skirted around between the end of her summer semester and I don't know.

I told her that I still care about her but I'm gonna go do my own thing and for her to get back to me whenever she sorts her shit out and that it isn't fair to me and is selfish for her to call and try to vent to me about how hard her life is when it is her that is wanting a break from the relationship. I asked her how she felt about me and she couldn't give me an answer other than she likes me a lot, was sorry about the situation, and that she is pussing out right now trying not to think about her feelings about me until some of the other problems in her life have been worked on. I told her that I thought that was dumb because a relationship has ups and downs and the couple helps eachother out when times are tough. I told her that she is pushing me away because she's scared. She said yeah she's scared of commitment and that she's taking the easy way out right now but still wants to stay in touch with me.

Thoughts?

ps: Since I'm on a break I've already fucked this new girl twice, but did feel emotional turmoil as she gagged on my dick and wished it was my gf.

2. Abomb

Abomb New Member

ok... in womanese " I want a break" translates to "I want to break up and fuck other people."

If her interest in you was high, would she want "time" away from you? FUCK no she would not. She would want to be where you are gagging on your dick until she passes out from lack of oxygen as you so succinctly put it.

You completely did the right thing fucking this other new girl. In fact, I recommend you call her up tonight and push for anal sex. Your "ex" gf is most likely doing the same thing.

My advice? Call up the ex gf and nicely tell her you want to break up with her. This may return whatever little power in the relationship you have and spike her interest in you. But for all intents and purposes, this is her way of breaking up with you.

3. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

"I want a break" = she found new cock

I agree with abomb call her up and tell her you just want to break it off and to give you a call when she's ready to talk again.

4. Abomb

Abomb New Member

personally, i would NOT tell her to give you a call when shes ready to talk again. that sends her a message that it is OK to break up with you whenever she gets low interest/ bored with you... usual advice given on "i want a break" is to treat it as a break up.

5. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

When a relationship ends/goes on break

1: Never go back
    2: She hasn't changed
    3: You're going to get hurt somemore

6. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

7. Abomb

Abomb New Member

true story

8. Lazy D.

Lazy D. Active Member

learned this the hard way

9. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

I knew ot would say the other guy, but I don't see how she'd have time for that knowing her situation and how it was with me. When we first went out she mentioned that she wasn't sure if she would be able to handle a full on relationship because of her workload, but we just kept seeing eachother until one day she introduced me to people as her boyfriend.

I'm just bummed it ended up like this, she was awesome. Right now I'm keeping my distance from her. But I'm friends with all sorts of people she knows, her family, school, work, her intern/apprenticeship so I'm bound to run into her somewhere.

no bel-air about the other girl, we're making plans to meet up tonight.

10. blackbirdbeatle

blackbirdbeatle New Member

:h5:

11. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

That's the way it's done son. Good. Just remember though, she'll probably make a few moves in the future if she sees you with other women, especially within your "circle."

It's all fluff. Wanting what you haven't got, and having what you just don't want.

12. Daria

Daria New Member

I'm going to post this again, because I think it got deleted, but I don't see anything wrong with what I posted:

If you've only been together 7 months and she wants a "break", the relationship is not going to work out or last.

You should find someone who wants to be with you just as much as you want to be with them.

13. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

I understand that and is what I thought was going on. This was just out of the blue. Anyways one of her roommates called me and we talked about things this evening. She is disappointed in my gf after hearing how things went.

14. whatever

whatever OT Supporter

There is always times... if you want to make time, you make it....

15. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

Update: We talked a week ago and we officially broke up. She was going on and on about being too stressed out for a relationship and that she wasn't interested in anyone and that she still had feelings for me ect, but couldn't date me right now. I just told her that she needs to grow up and her acting like that was disrespectful. All girl bullshit imo. She pretty much dropped me off everything like myspace today she changed her mood to smitten. OT is correct again, break = someone else.

Why can't bitches just say hey... I found someone new???

16. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Why ask why. It just is what it is and always will be probably.

17. Anudist

Anudist Turnin' Jesus on, one lightswitch at a time.

It's what PEOPLE do, not just women. I know plent of guys that sneak around on their gf's as well as women who've snuck around on their bf's. It's just people. They don't care about each others feelings enough to straight up tell someone, or they're just that cowardly.

Unfortunately, it's something you have to get used to. People suck, the world is fucked, I can't wait for it to be set on fire.

18. Zeff

Zeff OT Supporter

I've just never been like that and up until now it hadn't really happened to me. Either way I'm already fucking a new girl.

19. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

Good man.

20. RockDaBoat

RockDaBoat New Member

When I was 18, I had my first longer term girlfriend. We'd dated for 8 months and then she asked for "a break". Like Abomb said, that's womanese for "I want to fuck other guys, but I'm too chicken to break up with you", so I broke it off instead (which suited me as I was just about to start university).

21. 7960

7960 New Member

up to here you sound like a caring person who probably loves this girl, and are doing the right thing by giving her space to figure herself out.

then.......
    you turned into an asshole who doesn't deserve a g/f. let her go, she's better off without you.

22. Sgt. Friday

Sgt. Friday Guest

Thoughts? yea. wtf man!? You complain and whine about this girl wanting a break then say something like that?

I have no sympathy.

23. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

I agree with the approach, but not the reasoning. Women need their mates to be more flexible than they are, and she's testing to see if you are or not. She might actually want to do some other guy or she might just want to see if you can let go for a while and give her some space, but either way, you need to do it without too much fuss. That doesn't guarantee she'll come back, but if she wants to leave she's going to leave anyway, so you don't have anything to lose in the long run.

24. summer1547

summer1547 New Member

Unfortunately, it's something you have to get used to. People suck, the world is fucked, I can't wait for it to be set on fire.- Anudist

hee hee i like it

25. summer1547

summer1547 New Member

If you've already fucked a new girl twice than you already made your choice. What other thoughts are there to discuss? Can't turn back the hands of time now. What's done is done. If you really wanted it to work out than you would have chilled the fuck out and seen how the cards played out.