GUN 76 hours of overtime will not go unrewarded

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Landfill, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Landfill

Landfill New Member

So in the past two weeks I have worked 76 hrs of overtime and figured with the extra money I can treat myself to the full size 1911 I wanted to get this year.

So I was looking for suggestions on what to buy, of course when I focus in on a gun I like I sometimes have a hard time stepping back and seeing what else is out there. I had my eyes set on a Les Baer TRS but again was looking to see what some of you guys have or shot, and find the best all around gun.

Ideally I do not want to spend more than 2000.00 on it, it does not have to be fancy, I just want an out of the box tack driver that would require zero modifications for some winter carry and some target and competition.

2. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

I would go colt then, if you got 2k to sepnd get a gunsite by colt not the sw gunsite but the colt, if you are gonna carry it daily get the cco gunsite

3. vwpilot

vwpilot New Member

The TRS is a really nice piece and you can definitely do worse.

I'd also look at a Wilson CQB, you can find them around that $2k range and definitely lightly used for under that and you might also want to check out an Ed Brown.

All three are excellent guns. I have a Wison and really like it, though dont shoot it as much as my others since I can shoot 9mm so much cheaper.

4. AB13

AB13 New Member

5. Ebtromba

Ebtromba Active Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.9) VZW:SCH-i760 PPC 240x320)

dan wesson pointman. it is much less than you are willing to spend, but it is quite badass I understan. got mah eye on one myself

6. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

For 2G's, I'd be interested in looking for a lightly used semi-custom (LB, EB, WC, RR, ETC). If I had shot enough 1911's to know what I want, I'd look at finding a good base gun and sending it off to my smith of choice to have them impose my will upon it.

I have less than 2k in this..... And have no problems to report. It's not as duty-pimptastic as Shen's LB, nor as race-ready as AB's guns, but it works, and works well.

If I don't buy/build a 1911 specifically for game stuff, I'm probably gonna add a magwell and switch the sights and run with it.

[​IMG]

7. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

lol i read that wrong. i thought you were getting jewed out of the OT work. lol :o

8. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

9. wickedgun

wickedgun New Member

dan wesson CBOB although they are not full size.
    dan wesson valor
    any STi single stack, i believe the legacy will be discontinued so get it while you can.

10. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

He bought a heavily customized springfield trp operator. The guys that had their hands on it are amazing.

11. Landfill

Landfill New Member

I did, I have some stuff to do this morning but when I get home I will take some pic, list some specs and mods, and of course get some pictures up.

12. minus

minus Damn you, Damn the Broccoli, and Damn the Wright B

I was kind of expecting pics then I saw that you made the thread at 10:30 and I was :hs:.