'75 HJ Tonner [Aussie car - 56k no]

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by revelry, Jan 23, 2005.

1. revelry

revelry New Member

Here's my beast in progress. May i remind you that it is FAR from completion, still needing engine dropped in, custom tray, 2 more wide wheels, bonnet scoop, interior redone, lowered all round etc but here's where i'm up to.

It's a 1975 Holden HJ One Tonner, a fine piece of holden machinery built like a truck and made to be used for construction work.

First bought it like this for $1200 AUD
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Gotta head off to work now but i'll post more pictures and details later :naughty:

Here's the directory of pics for your browsing pleasure.
    http://users.on.net/~miller54/car/hj-tonner/

The engine pictures are of a 253 holden motor. Originally i wanted a 307/350 chev but they're too expensive for my budget.

2. revelry

revelry New Member

Ok, as shown in the pictures above...that's what we first bought it as...We got cracking straight away with some basic things

Here we're ripping the ugly work mans tray apart with shifters, spanners and angle grinders (for those bolts that disagree)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Final result from one days work ended out as this...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And heres my huge ass dog on the back of the tray
    [​IMG]

More details and pictures later when I get back once again.

3. prae

prae OT Supporter

cool!!!

4. CarlsV6

CarlsV6 Guest

Now that's pretty cool... can't wait to see more buildup pictures of it. What do you plan on doing to replace the bed?

Is that a Ford Falcon I see in the garage? :drool:

5. revelry

revelry New Member

The bed is the tray? My old man is building a custom tray (as he is very good with those kinds of things). Checkerplate aluminium and it will be lowered right near the tyres.

Yes thats a ford falcon but it's only a 2000 model. We have a 2004 Ford BA XR6 and a 2000 Ford Ute as well.

6. revelry

revelry New Member

Next thing I did was went down to the wreckers to see if I could find myself some wheels. I ended up finding THREE wheels! So i took 2 as front runners for the car as they are only 7.5" wide (not wide enough for the rear!)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Few days later we went and had a look at a car for $900AUD for wrecking into my ute. When we were on the phone he told us he had a 253 motor out the back for $100...we could not refuse that offer so we bought it, we have NO idea if it works or not but for $100AUD ($50~ USD) we don't care really.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We then took the ugly tray off the ute in preperation for the exhaust and new tray to be built.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These 2 pics are just tests to see what the ute would look like with it's new wheels, nothing good really.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

At the moment one of my old mans employees is taking out the old engine and putting in the new, so I wont have any progress shots of that as i'm sitting at home being lazy haha. New shots as soon as new engines in i hope :x: .

7. Ilovedemhos

Ilovedemhos Broken English

wow that's a really nice piece of shit u got there

8. revelry

revelry New Member

Yes it is a lovely piece of shit I have. What exactly am i trying to do? I'm trying to do this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally, I don't give a fuck if you all hate on it. I'll look back at this and think "I built this". Most of you will look back on your riced Nissan Maxima and think "god i'm gay". It's all about personally preference I guess, I loved having my old school Australian originals beefed up with a nice sounding v8 and some grunt, some like little flashy lights with the sound of a lawn mower coming out the back.

9. CarlsV6

CarlsV6 Guest

I guess those are fairly commonplace down there.

Don't let people get to you, keep us posted.

10. MacAlert

MacAlert Maxima driver OT Supporter

Hey, there are no ricey Maxima's present!!