SRS 7 Days no opiates, no benzos

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Illadelph41, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Illadelph41

Illadelph41 Guest

Still have to blaze a little bit though...My nerves have been a wreck lately. I found myself using Oxycontin, Roxicodone, Xanax and Klonopin on a daily basis. Smoking for the last 4 years daily on top.....These are the worst withdrawels I've ever felt....A week after last dose of OC my whole body's in pain, I'm having trouble eating, sleeping. Bathroom habits are bad....From constipated to diarhea day in day out....How long should these symptoms last?

Daily was roughly 40-60 mg oc, 4-8 mg Alprazolam(xanax) or w/e equivelent I could find. Maintainted this for two months + with no more than a break day here or there.

2. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

i've heard suboxone (sp?) is a prescription that can really help with oxy, you may want to talk to a doctor

3. gnat

gnat New Member

Immodium can help alot, take it as if you were taking your dose of opioids. If your mud butt is really really bad take 3, you'll still have to use the bathroom once or twice but about 4hrs later take 2 more and you'll notice it slow up alot. Usually when people are withdrawing from opioids/opiates benzos can be very usefull to take for sleep and anxiety but quiting both at the same time will certainly leave you stressing. You can also get very sick from dropping the benzos. Even though the physical withdrawals of opioids can seem overboard and unbelievable, benzos can do more harm... including seizures.

I would see a doctor like tupac said and look into suboxone for opioid withdrawals. It can ease your withdrawals SIGNIFIGANTLY, and as a result you can have much less anxiety. It could help greatly for withdrawing from both of these substances.

I don't want to advocate hydrocodone but any time you have surgery or chronic pain and get prescribed oxycodone for more than an acute illness, they usually move you down to hydrocodone, then to darvocet or tramadol to nothing. Hydrocodone could seriously help the oxycodone withdrawals but it takes alot more mg wise to make that monkey go away and if you continue, well then you're in the same boat with a different opioid albeit much easier to quit from.

So first option would be see a doctor for some suboxone. If you had been doing this for years and were very verse with opioids you'd probably take a taper with milder drugs until the withdrawals were bareable.

4. watermouse

watermouse BeefySnax

hey, congrats on the 7 days, try to stick with it, and just look at the positive side of things, the money you will save, the good you will do your self mentally and psycically.

Suboxone Maintenince is a very good program to start if you havent already. I would highly suggest looking into it, if you feel you cannot do it anymore and cave in.

There is also a pill you can get from a doctor or hospital if you cannot find suboxone, I cant remember what it is called, but it starts with a "c" and it is for high blood pressure, amazingly enough, when i was druggin i found help and got clean off those, but 3 weeks later i was back on opiates.

try to find sub.

5. i killed tupac

6. Illadelph41

Illadelph41 Guest

Sorry for the delay. After my initial post I ended up in the hospitals psych unit. I was hallucinating very heavily and couldn't sleep. I was there for 2 weeks. I'm been clean on pharms since then, just been smoking a bit of pot to ease the side effects of the Seroquel and celexa they put me on.

7. listking

listking New Member

A word from the wise, lock yourself up and get off all the scripts. Detox, it wont be fun. You have to choose to do it. If you really want to live you will. You were made to live, to live with your feelings and emotions. Some people have it harder then others, I know. I was in the same boat as you. But Im telling you I havent been on medicine or drugs in years. All due to the 12 steps and my decision to live. I too was hospitalized after a two month run with benzos and opiates. I was also smoking crack and sniffing heroin. When you are ready, you will make the right choice, if you arent dead yet

8. Illadelph41

Illadelph41 Guest

Thanks for the words...I will be stopping the only remaining drug tomorrow. Pot that is.

9. watermouse

watermouse BeefySnax

^ he said he was clean....
    grats man! that is AWESOME!

10. i killed tupac

smoking pot is not clean

11. Illadelph41

Illadelph41 Guest

It's ALOT better than OCs and xanax...but still not all the way there

12. GotChair

GotChair New Member

Klonopin (Clonazeepam)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clonopin

I used it during withdraw and it for sure helped, it takes away the shakes and leg tremmors a little etc. I was using 160MG + of Oxycontin at my worst per day....got down to 40mg and then went cold turkey. I dont recommend this...! It was the worst but the Klonopin did help.

13. i killed tupac

that's debatable