SRS 60 days sober

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Diesel Freak, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Diesel Freak

Diesel Freak ♂♂ Closet Crew OT Supporter

I've been an off-topic member for a little over a year now, and I just stumbled across this forum. Anyway, I went to Rehab (PRIDE Institute in Minnesota) on August 5th for alcohol, pot, etc... best experience of my life. Today is my 60th day sober, and I should go to a meeting tonight.

Anyway, hello to my fellow recoverees!

Peace. :bigthumb:

2. sparq

sparq New Member

Sweet! Keep up the good work :wiggle:

3. Metal

Metal Active Member

Great Job!

4. Colonel Panic

Colonel Panic New Member

5. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

:wavey:

Glad to hear...I wish you all the best!

6. Diesel Freak

Thanks! It has been a little bit easier than I expected. Of course I have had cravings, but nothing that I haven't been able to deal with. Fortunately my friends from rehab have been in contact on a fairly regular basis, which has been a huge help.

7. i killed tupac

i killed tupac New Member

sponsor, home group, work steps= stay clean. the cloud will wear off soon, and life will hit you :hs: get your tools ready :)

8. Metal

Metal Active Member

How long was the Rehab that you went to for?? What was it like to be in Rehab?? I like to hear other's peoples experiences as some dread it ahead of time then just hate it while they are there... while there are those of us that choose to go on our own and find that it is a Very Enjoyable & Peaceful environment to be in because of the People and the general environment around you when you are there.. in my opininon it is soothing and also feels good to be free from drugs & alcohol in Rehab as there is no way to get caught up in those things there.. it has helped me in the past and I'd willingly go again.. if not for myself I'd volunteer to speak or help others and that would also qualify as helping myself by spreading a message of hope in Recovery.

9. Diesel Freak

The typical program is 21 - 28 days at this place. I stayed for 34 because I was self-pay and I felt that it was the right thing to do. It was a very comfortale place for me. I was among my peers. I'm gay, and it was an all-gay rehab facility (PRIDE Institute in Minnesota). I think that I wouldn't have been as comfortable and open with myself and everyone else had I been in a mixed/straight facility. All-in-all, it was a great experience and I'm glad that I decided to do it. I learned a lot about myself; more than I ever expected going into it.

62 days, 21 hours, and 46 minutes sober, and it still feels great ... new meaning to the term "counting days" ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2006
  10. Metal

Metal Active Member

Good To Hear!! I am glad that you were able to find a place that fit your personality and it just once again shows me how many resources are available for those of us that really want to recover from alcoholism and other addictions!! :bigthumb:

11. SAG0282

SAG0282 New Member

Keep up the good work! I know it's tough...my g/f is just over 100 and my best friend is celebrating his 7th day.

I thank God I never became an addict.....I know it could happen to anyone under the right circumstances though.

12. Diesel Freak

Day 75. I'm considering going to the rehab reunion in November, but it's a really long drive. I'm pretty sure it'll fit into my work schedule.