6"x9" rear deck speakers-what to buy?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Omega6_Virus, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Omega6_Virus

Omega6_Virus New Member

Well, after I got my car taken in from not starting(was the alternator belt) the mechanic noticed the head gasket was leaking. Well, it turned out the gasket was fine, and a problem that can occur with the water pump made it leak. Well, before we found out it was only a minor repair($100 not $1000) my dad went on a piss fit about it and bitched at me saying I drive the car too hard. So, he feels guilty and wants to buy me new rear deck speakers that he broke when he drove the car. :squint: So, what are some nice 6"x9" speakers than can provide some good lower level sounds and just sound great? I have an Eclipse HU(the 3rd highest, highest one with a built in amp) and I guess I would like to keep all one brand and stay Eclipse. Any suggestions?
    Cliff notes: dad messed up, owes me speakers, what are good 6x9" 's for my rear deck of the car?
    Its a 1994 Volvo 944

2. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

there are no good 6x9s

sound is round

3. 04

04 Guest

You should know better than that flynfrog.

There is nothing wrong with an oddly shaped cone. Kicker hasnt seemed to have problems selling their L7 Series...

4. 04

04 Guest

How much do you want to spend on the 6x9's? Also, are you installing them?

5. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

i know i was jsut being a smart ass but 6x9s lack a good crossover a componet set will usaly be much better tahn a comprably priced 6x9

im jsut sick of stupid kids trying to tell me how there 6x9s in boxes make them like subs and they are louder than my shitty ass black sub

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

in some applications a pair of 6x9's is all you'd need, a good pair of 6x9's can go a long way.

7. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

see i was beinga smart ass

im guessing all he cares about is how much bass he can get out of them any way

damn im nin a pissy mood today