MMA 6-26-06

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by JordanClarkson, Jun 27, 2006.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

How was everyone's day today? I went in early for one on one training. My MT instructor did his best to break me down and almost succeeded but I got a 2nd wind during pad work and even stayed extra to get in a round of boxing. :wiggle:

5 rounds warmup including ram muay
    8 rounds thai kicks
    4 rounds front kicks
    2 rounds pad work - kicks
    2 rounds cooldown (60 pushups, 120 situps)
    1 round boxing bag work

5 min rounds, 1 min break.

2. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I re-fucked up my rotator cuff using a machette to do some yard work yesterday...I was in bed all day on pain meds.

Your mom is all I have to say.

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Lots of jiu jitsu and boxing.

4. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

sounds like fun! i can't wait till my place gets muay thai in, they said soon :x:

today in the morning i went to an open mat and got paired up with a blue belt, i think i must have tapped like 20000 times. He put me in a billion neck cranks and i can't turn my head now :o . Now i just got back from a night class where we were going over street defense :hsugh:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

90 minutes Muay Thai drills
    60 minutes Grappling drills
    30 minutes Rolling

I almost got my head ripped off in a can-opener, and my neck is sore as fuck. Also got clocked in the face. I ordered my custom mouthgaurd earlier today so hopefully it gets here before I lose some teeth.

6. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Everytime you get stuck in a can opener pivot and arm bar. You won't always get it but it makes them stop trying it.

7. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Had to work late so went to the gym in the morning 2 rds heavy bag warmup normal chest legs weights workout then smacked the speedball around until my delts died.

8. Bausk

Bausk New Member

He got me the first time and I "let" him have it (I'm realatively new to grappling). Second time I started with myself already in the can-opener to work on the escape (we worked on it the previous week) and actually did pivot into the armbar but couldn't finish and the round ended. :)

This actually happened because I started the round in my gaurd because previously I was working him, getting any position I wanted. From his gaurd to half, side, then mount. I just couldn't finish anything! I'm too new to really know when and where to snap a sub on...

9. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Boxing in the morning, jiu jitsu in the evening. :cool:

10. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

Yesterday was 5 mins bag work, hour working out, another 20 mins bagwork. Lots of stretching afterwards.

That's basically my monday/wednesday/friday routine. Can't wait till I get some money to take some classes again and hopefully try some new stuff.