5th gen lude?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by nwmrkt, Mar 16, 2006.

1. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

Just like the title says, what do you guys think of it?

2. Ohayou88

Ohayou88 New Member

They look good and when modified look even better. BUt performance wise its not really that great. That Active Torque Transfer System is really like mehh.

It also came out at about the same time as the USDM Integra Type R and they were at about the same price I believe but the ITR was in a completely differnt league of car so that really killed it.

3. neotango

neotango New Member

An Edmunds review in 2001 on the Prelude w/ ATTS at http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/vdp/articleId=47901/pageNumber=6 :

4. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

The Prelude handles amazingly well considering it's a near-3000lb front-drive coupe. Decent power too. Overall a very nice road car, but it's not a sports car by any stretch of the imagination. It's definitely targeted as a tourer. Also they are pretty expensive still, for being 5+ years old. I'd definitely drive one - I liked the car a lot. I doubt I'd mod or race it, there are much better values out there if performance is what you're after.

The SH is probably not worth paying extra for. At least, I wouldn't bother.

5. jdmlude2000

jdmlude2000 New Member

preludes are amazing cars... i have owned three...

the 4th gen ludes (92-96) are quicker in a straight line but 5th gen's are fun to auto x

6. GRiP_DRiVER

GRiP_DRiVER New Member

I really like the prelude's. Both the 4th gen and 5th gen are really nice. The only problems I ever see at my shop are oil leaks. And then the A/T's have some tranny prob's here and there.