5k training, BFD

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by xpinchx, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

I don't have a particular race in mind quite yet but I'm just trying to get into decent cardio shape. It sucks getting out of breath even after a light jog for a couple minutes. Not sure exactly what plan I'm using but it's a pretty straight forward "10 week couch-to-5k" type of deal. So far the typical workout starts out like 1 min running, 1 min walk, 1 min running, 1 min walk, 2 min run, 2 min walk, 2 min run, 2 min walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk, etc. I don't have the exact plan typed out because it's an iphone app and it just says tells me when to walk or run and when the workout is over. I'm running outside in my Merrell water shoes.

(1 of 30) 7/13 - 18 minutes of workout, ~25 minutes including warm up/down. About 2ish miles. ~4.8 mph average speed.

(2 of 30) 7/14 - 20 minutes of workout, ~25 minutes including warm up/down. 2 miles, still 4.8mph average speed.

These first workouts seem pretty easy so I'm probably going to work out more than the recommended 3x a week to get the easy part out of the way.

2. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

7/16 - About 30 minutes today to run the same 2 miles. Felt really tired for some reason plus my training program kept getting fucked up because my asshole friend called me like 4 times and my girlfriend called too while on my run and it made the app crash.

3. Johnny Bravo335

Johnny Bravo335 New Member

Very cool you are taking up running and running outside instead of the treadmill. Running can be very challenging for a lot of people so don't get discouraged. Off days can definitely happen based on outside temps, sleep, nutrition, etc.

I would focus on being able to run a single mile non stop first. Then work on reducing the time down each workout. Since you need to get your body used to carrying the load, I would still walk a mile after you finish....After you get your mile time down into the 7s, go ahead and add a .5 mile each week, or every other week until you are at the target 3 (ish) miles. Then when you are able to run the 3, start working on splits. This equates to you splitting the run in half and take your pick of running the first half or second half at a faster rate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.