'55 Chevy (for sale)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RyeLou, Jun 26, 2004.

1. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

My boss owns it, but I work around it constantly so I took some pictures. It's currently for sale if anyone is interested. I know there is a for sale section in the forums, and I'll post this there too, but I figured it was worthy to put in here. Pretty respectable car. If anyone has questions, ask away.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gerbonium

Gerbonium OT Supporter

3. dednyori's

dednyori's Brunettes FTMFW!

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3: I'd say so :bowdown:

4. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

Why is he selling it? To nice to sell.

5. rumpy

rumpy I am of two minds...literally OT Supporter

Is that a pro-street camaro in the background of the first pic?

6. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

He has something like 10 cars and 20 bikes, or close to that anyhow. He doesn't drive the '55 nearly as much as his other cars. Oddly enough it's the only car that hasn't required constant maintnance. He has a '67 Roadrunner that has been worked on since day one for years. It has over 1,100HP now, but still...just didn't seem worth it to me. The '55 looks just amazing. If anyone is really interested, PM me and I'll get some more pic's of it and the inside today. Pic requests post here.

7. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

Yeah. Absolutly disgusting in every aspect. Not a single knick or scratch in the body. All computerized shit on the inside. I don't know what the program is called or whatever, but you dial in what time you want to run in the 1/4 mile, and it runs it. I don't recall what the car was capable of running, but its something ungodly low.

8. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

What do you want pic's of?

9. rumpy

rumpy I am of two minds...literally OT Supporter

That sounds sweet / send us pics of the Camaro :bowdown:

So if you enter a 15 sec 1/4 and floor it the car will only run a 15 sec 1/4? That's amazing with that consistancy you could win a lot of money at the track with that car.

10. Pl3xt0r[PAK9]

Pl3xt0r[PAK9] New Member

I want it.

11. jmq2005

jmq2005 Guest

Nice technology but that takes all the fun out of it. I'd still like to have it though :naughty:

12. MattyCakes

MattyCakes Guest

I think that is the point... I also know someone with something like this in his Mustang, and he usually wins a lot of money.

13. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

I don't think the point of it is to win money with it. If that's the case, why put it on a car that run's 7's and not something that can only run 17's, ya know? If you're just in it to win money then it makes no sense to build up a car like the Camaro has been only to more or less cheat. I have pictures of the Camaro on my camera in front of me that I will upload in a little while, but I don't have anything of the instrument panel above the drivers seat.

14. J-Rod

J-Rod Guest

Most likely its a throttle stop, and just about every bracket racing car has one. Its an air operated soleniod that closes a throttle blade for the ammount of time you set on the thumbwheel. So, in a bracket race, lets say your car will run 8.30's and you want to run 9.90's you dial the delay for 1 second out which means that 1 second after you launch, the car will close the throttle, and you set the delay for the ammount of time you want the throttle shut. After some trial and error and testing, you get close to being able to set your cars ET. That is why classes like Super-Gas are so competitive. Everyone runs 9.903 or a 9.899 and you have to look at the R/T and the margins which are ultr-tight.

Dedenbear makes the most popluar model.

The first throttle stop I know of was built by Tommy and John Costales of Houston. Tommy won several national championships before someone copied his design...

15. RyeLou

RyeLou OT Supporter

He decided not to sell it directly and put it in an auction. It will be in the Barrett Jackson (spelling?) Auto Auction with a starting bid of $100,000. I can't see anyone wanting to pay that much for the car, but we'll see what happens.

16. AlbinoMuntjac

AlbinoMuntjac New Member

I can see someone paying $100,00 for it, but not starting the bidding at $100,000. He's either going to have to cut a deal after it doesn't get sold, or he's coming home with his car. Still a badass car though. I'd love to see that exact car in all black, or even just primer, ala "Two Lane Blacktop."

17. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I can see that I'm going to love this forum...