COMIC 52

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by float, May 22, 2007.

1. float

float New Member

So that's it? I finished reading it and to say I'm disappointed is a huge understatement. What the hell happened?

*****Possible Spoilers Below*****

Did that year actually take place after they defeated Skeets? And more importantly, what was the fucking point? What was up with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman?

The made Black Adam a bad ass but is that all we really get from all of that? What the fuck did I miss? This series was utterly disappointing.

2. pixie

pixie on one wild ride :naughty:

52 took a year. During that year Supes had no powers, Bats was out "finding himself" or whatever with his boys (until Dick bailed) and Wondy was trying to figure out her place in the world too after killing Max.

They didn't defeat Skeets, they defeated Mr. Mind (who took over Skeets). They flung him back in time to where Sivina picked him up so it's like a loop thing. Now, of course he remembers the year and will fuck things up (or else the writers will not think about it and it'll be dropped :dunno: ).

The point? The Multiverse is back. For how long, who knows. How much it will match the Multiverse pre-COIE who knows. but it's back.

3. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

plus 52 was more of a standalone test run.

countdown is going to be tied into all the other DC books. not every week, but once in awhile.

I thought 52 worked out pretty well, but the last issue didn't really connect with the rest.

oh and killing the Question FTL!

4. float

float New Member

Yeah. I felt like it was all going somewhere and building to something but then that last issue just ruined it all, IMO. I know what was going on with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman, I just didn't see the point I guess. And I think I was waiting for some triumphant return. Seems like a whole lot of work and trouble to go through to recreate the multiverse.

5. pixie

pixie on one wild ride :naughty:

Their triumphant returns were handled in their own books (sorta). I think it was also to show that the world could live without "the big 3" if it had too. :dunno: That something/someone would fill the gap.