$500 budget on a system

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ay thunderrcat, Jul 27, 2005.

1. ay thunderrcat

ay thunderrcat You can have all the hoes, I'm gon keep the women.

can anyoen help me with what i should get? i got a $500 budget on a system and i dont really know about car audio, but im planning to go buy next week, i dont want anything out of hte ordinary, just something that bumps average, and mp3/cd/am/fm/no cd skip

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

what car?

3. johnson

johnson New Member

System meaning HU, comps, sub, two amps, wiring?

4. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

for that amount of money i'd say something like this

CADENCE CWM6-KIT 6.5comps $~80 shipped
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791098251&category=32819&rd=1

Profile HA600 [email protected] for the cadence's $64 shipped
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5792098141&category=18796&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Diamond Audio D3 10" sub, 500RMS dual 4ohm $~95shipped
    forgot link, on ebay

PROFILE HA700M for sub, [email protected] ~$85shipped
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5745032443&category=18797&ssPageName=WD1V&rd=1

TOTAL COMES TO $324
    then you choose your Headunit, get a cheap sub box or build your own, and amp kit at walmart for like $20

5. veonake

veonake OnT poster, OT lurker

I'd go with just a head unit, monoblock, and sub for now. This should satisfy you for a while until you can save up and buy a nice 2-channel and front components. As far as the head unit, I'd choose Alpine, Pioneer or Clarion and I'd buy from an authorized dealer online off ebay for much better prices. As far as amp and sub goes... check out the new JL w1 series and maybe their value line of amps. Then buy a wiring kit off eBay or www.knukonceptz.com. You could probably get all that for ~$500. Oh, also check out Infinity's basslink for an all-in-one sub unit, they don't sound half bad for the money.

6. Andrew Eh2

Andrew Eh2 New Member

i planned on doing a budget system in my s2k, but ended up doing around a 1200 dollar one... bc i wanted it to last and soudn good. i chose 2 8w0's and diamond audio d661a up front. Not sure what amp im goin to run, probably a Alpine or that JL 450/4 if i want to throw down another 400

7. NisAznMonk

NisAznMonk New Member

If you have a Circuit City in your area, check out thier sale on Kicker 10" comp subwoofer. Buy one get on free deal, so you'll end up with a pair of Kicker 10" subs for about $80 (plus tax of course :squint: ). You can't beat that price. Click here for the link.

If you don't have a flea market or some car audio wholesale place near you, then you could also pick up a Q-Logic box from Circuit City for about $60. right here.

A friend of mine installed a Alpine CDE-9843 in his 2004 Corolla, and it does everything well. Crutchfield is selling it for $150 shipped.

Wiring kits can be found at your local Walmart. They have a really nice Scosche 4 gauge kit for about $25. Its has enough stuff for 2 amps.

That leave ~ $185 left of an amp. I REALLY don't know what you could get with that, other than looking for a used amp on Ebay or on another forum. MTX and Rockford Fosgate would be two brands I'd look for on Ebay. Pioneer and Alpine could also be put in that list.