$5 paypal whoever can solve my problem with cd drives...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Peter Jun, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Peter Jun

Peter Jun New Member

Okay so I have couple of different CD/DVD-R/CDRW drives. two of them are external (usb 2.0, firewire) and one of them is internal. However they only to load up 'sometimes' and most of the time they dont even show up on my computer. i dont think its the problem with my usb or firewire casue i ahve two different drives. It doesnt work if i only try to plug one of the drives in either. It gets frustrating cause my drives only work 'some' of the times. help :hs:

one more note... like sometimes i start up my computer and i see them but sometimes i dont. sometimes they will jsut automatically go off in the middle

2. chips

chips ...

try this, some burning apps will make drives do that
    Start Registry Editor - Go to Start-->Run, type the word, regedit

Locate the UpperFilters & LowerFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Before we start you will want to back up this entry! To do this highlight the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} Now go up to, File and select Export, enter any name you want any will do and save it where you can find it, desktop is th best for now!

Now were going to delete 2 entrys within {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Highlight {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and look on the right for the entry, "UpperFilters", right click on it and select delete! Now do the same for LowerFilters!

Now scan for New Hardware or Reboot!

Remember that you should backup your registry or export what your changing, before editing it! Better safe than sorry!

3. beave

beave Housin Beers & Buildin Dams

try going to start run then type diskmgmt.msc and see if they are showing up